Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Totin' the Tair 135/2.8 11A Around (15 images!)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:05 pm    Post subject: Totin' the Tair 135/2.8 11A Around (15 images!) Reply with quote

Spent an hour or so walking around my hometown this afternoon shooting just with the Tair 11A 135/2.8 since I obtained the 'correct' F adapter that allows me to focus to infinity.

I wanted to spend some time with this lens to take 'er out for a test drive and see what she can do. Dam.... I was impressed. Especially considering this is a clunky 31-year-old Soviet hunk of glass. She may not look like much, but she sure can deliver!

It has a bit of pincushioning, but that's normal for a tele of this length. And nothing that can't be corrected (which has been done in a few of these images where it shows, like 'Pull'). All of these shots were at f/8 (although EXIF says 2.8, but it's a preset lens so the camera is clueless as to actual aperture).

I was interested in sharpness, color rendition, distortion, but I'm just lovin' that bokeh! I can't wait to do some portraiture with it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excelent lens. I would like to get one. I had a Jupiter 37a, another great lens, very sharp wide open, beautiful bokeh.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

antico wrote:
Excelent lens. I would like to get one. I had a Jupiter 37a, another great lens, very sharp wide open, beautiful bokeh.

There's one for sale on the Bay right now (disclaimer: I'm not associated with the listing, nor am I being paid to plug it). And it's not from the other side of the world.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very good, there's everything I like from a lens in your excellent pictures. From the FSU I have the Helios 135 / 2.8 which is good but not extraordinary, and the Jupiter 135 / 4 which is slow but wonderful, now I shall be looking for one of these Tair's.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

480sparky wrote:
antico wrote:

There's one for sale on the Bay right now (disclaimer: I'm not associated with the listing, nor am I being paid to plug it). And it's not from the other side of the world.

Thank you.
It's hard to buy things from ebay in my country (import policies).