Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Topcon UV Topcor 100mm f4 lens and Oly OMD E-M5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Topcon UV Topcor 100mm f4 lens and Oly OMD E-M5 Reply with quote

I've acquired several UV Topcor lenses for no better reason than they are very cheap and I like the look of them. Of course, there is the significant disadvantage that one has to make one's own adapter for them and if aperture control is required a mount from a suitable camera must be acquired.They also tend to be rather slow (because of the shutter design IIRC) and have fairly large minimum focus distances (like rangefinder lenses). Generally, I have found the lenses to be quite capable but nothing special. The 100mm f4 is probably one of the less common UV Topcors (and cost me £13.50 so was a lot more expensive than the others I've bought).

All these were shot at f4 (though my home-made adapter does allow aperture control). The lens shows good contrast, is decently sharp wide open and has no vices to speak of (such as colour fringing). It is a solid performer, but, like the other UV Topcors I have, is not particularly special. Mind you, the minimum focus distance of 1.5m meant I was a bit stuck for interesting subjects as the late spring means the garden is still quite bare. More skilled hands than mine might make this lens really shine.

PP in these samples is limited to minor levels adjustment.

Comments are welcome.

Mark

[url=http://forum.mflenses.com/userpix/20134/big_3062_MH132467_Resize_1.jpg]
[/url]

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 7:36 am    Post subject: Re: Topcon UV Topcor 100mm f4 lens and Oly OMD E-M5 Reply with quote

SXR_Mark wrote:
The 100mm f4 is probably one of the less common UV Topcors (and cost me £13.50 so was a lot more expensive than the others I've bought).

Great price, well this is fun... You did not have the feeling of stealing lens? Very Happy
I see good the results and much more when you consider the cost.

Happy shots!