Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Topcon 35mm f/2.8 RE Auto-Topcor
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Thanks Bill, you once told me it would be a great lens for flowers and it surely is!

The FD SSC 35/2.8 Tilt/Shift is also an awesome lens for flowers, macro like detail from my NEX-7.
Posted before:

kds315* wrote:
Just won a great one in rare black version!
Topcors are getting highly addictive... Very Happy

I'll say, I just bought an RE 35/2.8 in black, and at the same time I bought a black RE 100/2.8 which will be added to my collection of black Topcors...an RE 28/2.8, RE 58/1.4, and R 135/3.5 preset, I can't wait to use them on the. Sony A7r I'm getting.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
Sony A7r I'm getting.

Oooooooooooh, jealous.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just hope it fits in my new messenger bag that I bought just before the announcement.
If it's as much fun as my NEX-7 I'll be very happy.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not deliberately reviving an old thread as a few of the lovely shots with this lens are now missing. But as a reference this belongs in here I think. Again an old article found on the net from camera lens 35...and in case anyone ever gets the 300 2.8 up and running!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just been fortunate enough to acquire one of these lovely 2.8/35 lenses.
What is the mount - am I correct in thinking that it is Exakta, or is it something else?
Thanks
OH

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a Topcon mount, that is Exakta but with auto linkages added further out on the mount plate.
These will actually mount on a proper Exakta, the auto linkages being outside the diameter of the "core" Exakta mount, I tried a Topcor 105 and a 58mm macro and they work fine on Exaktas.
Unfortunately these external linkages make them difficult to adapt to Pentax (I have a method of making Exakta adapters for Pentax). Quite a bit of disassembly required, so I gave up.
IIRC on mirrorless cameras the Exakta adapters seem to be OK for Topcon.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
It is a Topcon mount, that is Exakta but with auto linkages added further out on the mount plate.
These will actually mount on a proper Exakta, the auto linkages being outside the diameter of the "core" Exakta mount, I tried a Topcor 105 and a 58mm macro and they work fine on Exaktas.
Unfortunately these external linkages make them difficult to adapt to Pentax (I have a method of making Exakta adapters for Pentax). Quite a bit of disassembly required, so I gave up.
IIRC on mirrorless cameras the Exakta adapters seem to be OK for Topcon.

Thank you Luis.
I was hoping to use it on Fujifilm X-E1.
Do I look for a Topcon adapter or will Exakta do?
Cheers
OH

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Exakta adapter should be fine OH, the only issue I've come across is trying to mount an RE lens on an R body.
I look forward to your results with the Topcor.
No issues with my big_is adapter from ebay, my next choice would be Fotodiox pro.

Last edited by Lightshow on Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use my Topcors on an exakta adapter from Rainbow Imaging. For whatever reason, on a perlens basis, some stop before clicking in the latch. I had a Komura lens that stopped way short. Most fit tight enough that staying on hasn't been a problem.

Congratulations on the purchase, it really is a wonderful lens.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help fellas.
OH

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't find an adapter from big_is so it looks like the one from Rainbow Imaging will be the go.
Ta
OH

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
I can't find an adapter from big_is so it looks like the one from Rainbow Imaging will be the go.
Ta
OH

I had to go through my purchase history to find it, odd.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Exakta-EXA-lens-to-Sony-E-Mount-NEX-5-NEX-7-Adapter-/400459891045
Oh yeah, you want a fuji adapter... Could contact him.... But doesn't look like he has any fuji adapters. Sorry.
Here's the Fotodiox pro
https://www.fotodioxpro.com/lens-mount-adapters/exakta-lens-to-fujifilm-xmount-mirrorless-camera-pro-adapter.html

Last edited by Lightshow on Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:39 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
Oldhand wrote:
Ta
OH

I had to go through my purchase history to find it, odd.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Exakta-EXA-lens-to-Sony-E-Mount-NEX-5-NEX-7-Adapter-/400459891045
Oh yeah, you want a fuji adapter... Could contact him.... But doesn't look like he has any fuji adapters. Sorry.

No worries - thanks for looking.
The Rainbow Imaging one is on its way.
OH

PS - Here is the lens:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooo, pretty one.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:
Oooo, pretty one.

+1
Congrats for the buy, I got one recently and fell in love with it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Michael and Aanything.
I have often admired the results that I have seen from this lens, but have had no way - in the past - to utilise this mount.
With the run-out sales for Fujifilm X-E1, that has changed.
I am really looking forward to using this as my walkaround and travel light lens.
I am hoping that it will fill the one lens only slot for those occasions.
OH