Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tokina/Bokina - Vivitar Series 1 90mm f2.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:23 pm    Post subject: Tokina/Bokina - Vivitar Series 1 90mm f2.5 Reply with quote

I am selling one my favorite macro lens in Nikon mount. This can also be used on other DSLR/SLR with appropriate adapter. Found out after customer return that this is Pre-Ai Nikon mount. For nikon modern D/SLR, John can do his Type A modification for $25 at www.aiconversions.com

It comes with the original 1:1 lifesize adapter. Glass is flawless, no scratches, fungus, etc. Aperture blades are dry and snappy. The exterior is still shiny black. The only flaw on the lens is an inch or so of tearing in the rubber grip (see picture). This does not in any way effect the smoothness of the focusing barrel. Comes with case (see below), Original Metal front cap and rear cap for both lens and adapter.

The faux leather of the case was dry and brittled, so I covered it with a clear tape to save it. Not the best of job, but it saved it. Despite that the case is quite handy as it also holds the original 1:1 adapter, the lens and a tiny packet of silica gel.

Pictures are on my flickr account.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24046371@N07/sets/72157617130351011/

Reason for selling: To finance purchase of other equipments, lack of use and I have 3 other macro lens, (Lester Dine, Vivitar S1 90-180 and Super Takumar 4/50mm).

I am asking for $325 plus ship and paypal fees/money order/check with option to return minus shipping cost. On the auction site, this has gone as high as $400 to around $250, depending on condition, mount, original adapter and case. I will deduct $ for John's Ai modification if you are Nikon user.

I am willing to ship internationally, but only with FedEx, UPS or Post Office EMS.

Please lowball me with your offer if this is too much. I need to sell this soon to replace my dying 20D.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump for a great lens! I love mine (in OM Mount).

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great lens I have it too.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. If you keep saying that you love your copy, I might be convinced to end this ad and keep it myself Very Happy

Just as Attila and onesurvive said, this is one superb lens with bokeh that melts away and sharpness that can cut. Since this is the earlier Pre-Ai version of VS1 2.5/90, I am guessing this is much more desirable perhaps even radioactive (naaaa..aah).... that's my Marketing brain speaking Very Happy

Seriously, I happened to like this very much but need to raise fund. Going by Orio's post once where he mentioned that it's better to sell small number of good higher end items than many low priced ones in situation of need.

Thanks again.