Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tokina 400mm 6.3 (m42)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Tokina 400mm 6.3 (m42) Reply with quote

Anyone had any experience with this lens? I picked it up from a seller for only $50. It's built like a tank, I swear you could probably use this as a baseball bat. heavy as all hell, and a little awkward to use, but produced decently surprising results. The 6.3 sucks for anything besides ample light, but check out these samples. Edited/cropped these photos but looked decent SOOC.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These look great. Probably more to do with what's behind the camera though. Could you post a picture of the lens itself?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a good lens if its the preset version.
I have one in 1960's Mamiya branding.
Very good.
I like your cat.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have that lens in TX mount and it's a stunner -- one of my favorite lenses.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont have any of the pictures of the lens on this computer right now.
Thanks for the feedback.
I am really enjoy using this but focusing is fairly difficult

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here´s a picture of the first version (preset) 400/6.3, mounted to a Fuji X-E1 with a M42-FX adapter between:

As a sidenote, the lens has fifteen aperture blades, making the iris perfectly circular at every f-stop.