Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

To bid or not to bid? ..... tamron 24-48
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:07 pm    Post subject: To bid or not to bid? ..... tamron 24-48 Reply with quote

Click here to see on Ebay
Tamron SP AD2 24-48MM 3.5-3.8 Lens=OPT PERFECT=MINT=

It's even got a hood. But has he changed? Do I risk it?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He does not deserve your money. Wait for another one. If you see one in the US I can help you get it and avoid tarrifs Cool

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the image not depicting the frontal lens made me shiver Shocked

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Risky seller...

This is a rare lens...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all for making me see sense. Cool
Temptation was getting the better of me. You don't often see them turn up with the hood intact.
I don't know how he's keeping that 100%?

@Andy - thanks for the offer, I'll keep it in mind. Very Happy and vice versa of course.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocky mostly sell separately lens and caps so if he get one negative for lens he get soon two positive for caps. This lens is rare opportunity take a risk in my opinion , he prices always low due bad reputation. Many people purchase from him crappy lenses, I was lucky with him I bought from him a few times always with happy ending. Certainly he has many good items and some bad ones , all depend from your fortune.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always been suspicious of this seller. This is from before I discovered this forum. He lists in USD but says that this is an error in the listing. He has been doing this for months. Why doesn't he change it ? He quotes an International Shipping rate to the UK. Ferndown is in the UK! It's about 200 km from London. As a matter of interest I contacted him yesterday asking for the shipping price for this item. I received a prompt and courteous reply - 3 GBP. Today the price is listed as 14 USD ~ 7.5 GBP.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got burned by this seller a while ago, although it was on an inexpensive item, thank goodness. I have, however, seen others have good luck.

Sort of a gamble...but that would be a great lens to have... Confused

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed a gamble... but now the price is rising so less attractive.
My previous experience with rocky has also been hit and miss so I'll pass it up this time.
there'll be other lenses.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can also consider this one Wink
Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Looks good... and looks expensive, at least I think it will be. I'll keep an eye on it, thanks.