Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tips on better lenses to use on fujifilm x-a2 aps c
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:31 pm    Post subject: Tips on better lenses to use on fujifilm x-a2 aps c Reply with quote

They just gave me a fujifilm x-a2 and I would like to ask you for advice. To date, I have only taken photos with film (a rollei 35 and a pentax me super). Now I want to choose one lens for street and for every day. I bought the necessary adapters and I have available this lens:
- vivitar 19mm
-soligor 28mm
- mir 1b 37mm
- pancolar jena 50mm
- smc pentax - A 50mm
Which lens should i choose in your opinion for this apsc camera? Which one is better quality too?
I tried the vivitar 19mm but lens+adapter is big size and I can't go near people like a ricoh GrII o like my old rollei35

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

7artisans 25mm f/1.8. Available with native Fuji X mount, $60-70 new. Tiny and great.
Plus some 50-55-58mm for portraits - it's hard to recommens something here as there are literally hundreds of great lenses of this focal length (there are at least four Pentax-A 50mm BTW - f/1.2, f/1.4, f/1.7 and f/2.0).

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Iodosan

The SMC Pentax-A 50mm is best lens of your list imho. Depending on your style 50mm may be too long, too far from subjects, or, just exactly perfect length & distance.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My question was witch lens of mine are better for street in apsc. But I read something about 7artisan/meike.you say a 25mm 7artisan or 25/28 meike are better quality of those vintage lens? Perhaps my pentax is 50mm f1.7.
I'm watching the 16-50mm fujinon for a 100€ but maybe the Chinese lens still better for quality/size?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iodosan wrote:
you say a 25mm 7artisan or 25/28 meike are better quality of those vintage lens?

I do. Have no idea about Meike, but this exact 7artisans 25/1.8 is better than any vintage wide-angle (~19-28mm) lens you can buy for the reasonable amount of money. Definitely better than Vivitars and Soligors.

Iodosan wrote:
I'm watching the 16-50mm fujinon for a 100€ but maybe the Chinese lens still better for quality/size?

For the ~50mm I wouldn't go for cheap Chinese lenses. Both your Zeiss and Pentax are better.
Fuji 16-50 is OK, but nothing special.