Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tips for Covering Corporate Events?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:48 am    Post subject: Tips for Covering Corporate Events? Reply with quote

Does anyone here have any experience?

I've been asked by the company that I work for to cover an event next month as a 2nd shooter. There will be 2 venues and around 300-500 people attending. I'm wanted more for semi informal shots and candids, but I'm also able to shoot speakers (and hoping to get shot that are as good as the pro tog).

Any advice greatly welcomed.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are the people standing or sitting. If sitting get a light chair and a monopod. Then you don't have to get artificial knee joints after the event. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
Are the people standing or sitting. If sitting get a light chair and a monopod. Then you don't have to get artificial knee joints after the event. Wink
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Informals and candids are easy, shoot what catches your eye. Take wide angle and get full room shots if possible and then try to catch folks having conversations.

Have fun, the photos will come naturally.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my experience, photographing for a corporation for which you work for in another capacity is about as rewarding as making love to the bosses' wife on order of the same. It will neither bring you money nor respect, and may leave you as the solitary scapegoat for something poorly planned and executed...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Light, monopod, fast lenses, AF. It sounds like an official job, you dont have time to mess arround with manual focus.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+ flash & bounce