Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tiny bomb: CV 35mm f/2.5 skopar
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:48 am    Post subject: Tiny bomb: CV 35mm f/2.5 skopar Reply with quote

What a piece of kit!

Is it sharp?

Ok find the church:

here it is 100% (no PP straight out)

I didn't expect much indoors....

one last little test shot

In short, the thing is fantastic. I can't believe how well it works. I think I'll just sell all my other 35s

well some of them anyway

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice double kit, and the pictures look so good Very Happy .
What's the other lens?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

std wrote:
What's the other lens?

It's a long term loaner, summilux f/1.4. Great, but heavy as a full on slr lens.

Here's a shot from it the night before

I've fallen into rangefinder mania in the last several weeks. Besides the 35 above, I have a 21 cv , 2 canon 50s, I-69 55mm, canon 85 and a 100 in the mail!

overpaid for some and underpaid for others.

I am hunting a 75 cv--maybe my last if I don't give in to the temptation of a cv 40 f/1.4

I'm trying to get a backcountry prime kit of ultra light, sharp primes for landscapes and motorcycle shots. Then a low light stealth setup.

WIth these Rfs I could take a 21, 35, 55, 75, and 100 and be under 750 grams. All stellar lenses.

Only time will tell I can live up to them, hehe.

It will real interesting to see how a 50 year old Canon RF 50mm f/1.4 compares to the summilux in the shot above. Well it's twenty five years old, and I'm older than both...argh.

PS forgot the 330 gram OLY 135mm f/2.8 I learned about here that's coming.

Crazy---right? I've been pent up for years by the size and weight of DSLRs, which I simply cannot carry. The devilish Nex-5 has changed it all for me.

you can see the potential

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uhoh7 wrote:
std wrote:
What's the other lens?

It's a long term loaner, summilux f/1.4. Great, but heavy as a full on slr lens.

Here's a shot from it the night before

I've fallen into rangefinder mania in the last several weeks. Besides the 35 above, I have a 21 cv , 2 canon 50s, I-69 55mm, canon 85 and a 100 in the mail!

overpaid for some and underpaid for others.

I am hunting a 75 cv--maybe my last if I don't give in to the temptation of a cv 40 f/1.4

I'm trying to get a backcountry prime kit of ultra light, sharp primes for landscapes and motorcycle shots. Then a low light stealth setup.

WIth these Rfs I could take a 21, 35, 55, 75, and 100 and be under 750 grams. All stellar lenses.

Only time will tell I can live up to them, hehe.

It will real interesting to see how a 50 year old Canon RF 50mm f/1.4 compares to the summilux in the shot above. Well it's twenty five years old, and I'm older than both...argh.

PS forgot the 330 gram OLY 135mm f/2.8 I learned about here that's coming.

Crazy---right? I've been pent up for years by the size and weight of DSLRs, which I simply cannot carry. The devilish Nex-5 has changed it all for me.

you can see the potential

Nice shots!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic lens!
And it fits perfectly to the NEX!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shot. Not trying to make your life more complicated, but you should definitely try a ZM 35/2 or 35/2.8 before deciding which 35s to sell Twisted Evil

Andy has some amazing pictures taken with ZM 35/2.8, I think you will love it on NEX.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aleksanderpolo wrote:
Nice shot. Not trying to make your life more complicated, but you should definitely try a ZM 35/2 or 35/2.8 before deciding which 35s to sell Twisted Evil

Andy has some amazing pictures taken with ZM 35/2.8, I think you will love it on NEX.

haha, thank god I can't afford it!

plus..200 grams? How could I carry that? This one is 141.

I just ordered my last lens for a while:

the 75mm CV, a near new with M-adapter for 275. Not a steal but decent market price.

I am going draw the line and not get the 40 CV f/1.4. I hope.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Voigtländer Bessas (R and R2) and this little 35/2.5 is almost my "default" lens, and it does pack a punch! When I bought it I was debating against myself if I should get it or the 35/1.7, but this one won out: to me RF photography is about mobility, "quick draw" work off the cuff, so size matters more than an extra stop in terms of maximum aperture. Matched with the 50/2.5 and 75/2.5 it is a competent kit, and the imaging characteristics are consistant.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couple of skopar shots

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good results! Shocked

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn it's good Shocked .. and it's only a four element lens.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

std wrote:
Damn it's good Shocked .. and it's only a four element lens.

The 35/2.5 is not four-element, but seven elements in five groups. Cosina-Voigtländer tends to re-use old lens names for totally different designs, and it's a totally modern design without any resemblance to the classic Skopars.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uhoh7 wrote:

Haha Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is the only modern lens for my once in a lifetime inheritance Leica M8 and it's amazing .
I also use it on my Panasonic G1 as it is a perfect 70mm discrete portrait lens .
Great photos .

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce wrote:
uhoh7 wrote:

Haha Laughing

My last three are on the way, unless I see a canon 100 f/2 LTM, or a 85 f/1.8, for good prices.

They are:

canon 85 f/1.9 (found for 180--OK price)

CV 75mm f/2.5 (had to pay 275, but included m adapter and shipping)

AND......the last, and you guys will be proud of me, THE CHEAPEST, 25 usd (i know still too high) the 270 gram minolta 135 f/3.5!

I will post my whole MFL assisted collection at some point, 21 lenses. Nikon, canon, konica, minolta, tokina, kiron, Vivitar, olympus and CV.

Blackjack!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

another test

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice color!!!!! Smile Great landscape!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finnaly gotten around to learning to deal with colorshift and vingetteing;

These wide CVs do this on digital leicas and the nex-5

Cornerfix is a free program designed to deal with it, and has batch processing for fast workflow.

You create lens profile by shooting against white background with your lens.

then you load your shots and they are corrected against this created profile.

kinda lousy shot, but you get the idea:

before:

after

my white refernce shot was just into snow, so could be better and I will add some tuning for final profile, but you can see the program works