Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

time and place
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:50 pm    Post subject: time and place Reply with quote

life is funny good sometimes. i was sitting out with my dog on our creek when i spied a big bird heading towards us. he lighted on a tree directly overhead, and looked down just long enough for me to snap a few pictures with my olympus ep2 and voigtlander heliar 75/2.5.

i just happened to have the rig with me because both are new acquisitions and i wanted to play around with them, and the new evf that came with the ep2. i was under a tree, but shooting into the sun, which was shining directly off the hawk's wings, a not so easy situation, and i really didnt have time to play with the settings--just enough time to try to focus and take as many shots as i could. the lens was set to 5.6, and the crop is i think more than 100% (original shot below). just added a little contrast and sharpening, and dimmed the highlights. btw, the heliar is an amazing lens. PLEASE CLICK FOR BEST RESOLUTION

Last edited by rbelyell on Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:21 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So she watching you ?! Laughing lucky capture!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup, she is watching me and my dog! a really lucky moment. i had seen a big splash in the water about a half mile up stream, then saw these big fluttering wings. next thing she was totally stretched out and coming right towards us, and didnt stop til she perched herself directly over our heads! she let me take about a dozen quick shots and then flew off...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucky timing, I wouldn't crop it that much however. Open it up until the point where the leaves are in on the left and the hawk is on rule of thirds in the right of the frame.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great capture...it's hard shooting into the blue sky! One of those moments when you did have the camera... Very Happy