Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Three times 135mm (now with PART 2!!)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, but the EF 2/135 normally goes for more than € 1000,- doesn't it?
(Amazon € 1110,-)

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
(Amazon € 1110,-)

Second hand EF 135/2 sell on eBay for €655, new prices start at €829 in the Netherlands (not tax dodging Asian eBay offers).

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dickb wrote:
LucisPictor wrote:
(Amazon € 1110,-)

Second hand EF 135/2 sell on eBay for €655, new prices start at €829 in the Netherlands (not tax dodging Asian eBay offers).

OK, then I can see your point.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carsten
I just saw the second round. You have some very very nice lenses. Thanks again for the work. Nice to see such a relatively cheap lens as that nikkor performing so well. The nikkor 135/2 is even better (as you would expect from a much more expensive piece of glass)

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the comparison between the glasses of CZJ, Y/C, Nikkor and Canon, without doubts all are excelents. But in prices cuestions, not only the type of glass is the reason of the high costs, don't forget that, in the case of the canon L F/2, it has @ 10 elements vs. the 4 o 5 elements that the rest have (may be the zeiss 1,8 in the first group) and this justify the high price and rendition. The plus may be pay. Non miracles, my friend.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

estudleon

You are of course correct, but other elements come into the pricing of new equipment as well as cost - name or reputation, market expectations, profit intent to name a couple. The used market is much more driven by actual performance (excluding the inherent drive of the "collector", who is looking for something else). In a very very generalized way the used market is a good measure of quality.

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you're right. Only that when you pay a great league price's lens, in few cases you receive a bad scheme's o glasses lens (may be a particular bad copy ), and when you pay nothing-or little more-the possibilities to buy a lemon are bigger.
And with the collector cuestion, they difficult the access to very good using lenses, and I am one of them. Sorry.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

estudleon

As far as I am concerned most collectors know more about their subject than the average user. Your list of lenses is one anyone should be proud to own - not because of cost but because of choice. Smile Smile Smile Smile

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
estudleon... Your list of lenses is one anyone should be proud to own - not because of cost but because of choice. Smile Smile Smile Smile

Very true!

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh
Yes, you're in the way. Securely you know that not all the collector's items are to use. Some of them are rare but so-so performer (ie summarex and more than one collector think this of the thambar).
That is one kind of collector's item. Another is the user's and collector's items, that somebody can take for both finalities. And I think that, in this forum, is more appropriate to refer only to the users items (although could be a collector's item too).
In my list I don't put my collectors items, only the users.
And in this "frame" I reiterate that you get that you pay, the much you pay the best you get. No miracles, althoug one can pay cents and wait a summilux for that many, somebody had the lens before you and sell it like a bargain. Why? Because it's a bargain!!!!