Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Three manual lenses for walkaround- what's your choices?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
A plethora? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mTUmczVdik Very Happy
Yeah, I resemble that definition. Rolling Eyes

Well, this week I'm picking:
CV15III
Rokkor 28/2.5 or my FrankenZeiss (G45/2 transplanted into Rokkor 55/1.7 body, & M mount)
Topcor R 90/3.5

Lol, I'm up to 10 lenses and it feels nice, but compared to other people on here...
Quick question: what is the CV lenses? I keep seeing wide angle CV lenses listed but haven't been able to figure out what it is -_-

Overall, thanks for the responses! It's interesting how many different approaches and mindset's people have, really helps you think and get out of your routine. There are so many lenses that this has helped me look and learn about. I am still very new to the world of manual focus lenses and honestly hardly knew any of the ones listed Smile I have a long way to go, but I don't know what I would do without a forum like this. Thanks again guys.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my kit varies based on how much I want to carry and the conditions; obviously at night I'll take my faster, though heavier, glass.

But I agree it's nice not to change, so lately I walk with M9 and 28 and A7 and 50, two bodies. Smile I may take a 75 also or a UWA like 18 or 21, but usually I just shoot the mounted lenses.

Pretty soon I will be marching around the backcountry, where I do carry at least three lenses and use all. Changing does not seem so bad when you are miles from civilization Smile

anyway I like:
28 50
28 75
28 90

I might add a 21 or 18 to above.

21 35
35 90

For one lens I will usually have a 28 35 or 50. But I like the spirit of comments above: I should just put a 135 on there and use it no matter how it hurts LOL

here a shot with M9 and 75 Lux from a few nights ago.

L1030278 by unoh7, on Flickr

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StillSanj wrote:

Quick question: what is the CV lenses? I keep seeing wide angle CV lenses listed but haven't been able to figure out what it is -_-

CV stands for Cosina Voigtlaender Lenses with Leica M39 or M-Mount.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tb_a wrote:
StillSanj wrote:

CV stands for Cosina Voigtlaender Lenses with Leica M39 or M-Mount.

Thank you for such a concise answer. now I know!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recommended CV 15mm too, I dont put it in my list because I've sold mine.
It's compact, easy to use. sharp