Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Those minolta celtic md 135/3,5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:40 am    Post subject: Those minolta celtic md 135/3,5 Reply with quote

AFAIK there are Two ones. The first, heavy and 55 mm. filter; and the light 49 mm. And about the rendering?[/b]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:16 am    Post subject: Re: Those minolta celtic md 135/3,5 Reply with quote

estudleon wrote:
AFAIK there are Two ones. The first, heavy and 55 mm. filter; and the light 49 mm. And about the rendering?[/b]

They pretty much follow the regular series. So rendering should be the same as them.
The 49mm version is relatively rare. I still don't have one.

Minolta Celtic variations.

http://minolta.rokkor.de/celticlenses.htm

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason I don't see Minolta Celtic lenses at all on German ebay. Were they only marketed in US?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it could be interesting to see what they're like, but I've never bothered to find out about Celtic lenses. They were Minolta's cheaper range and the more expensive Rokkors are much more affordable now.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies. Perhaps can become interesting the fact that the celtic 55mm filter version has a 5/4 formula and none mc nor md series have it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

estudleon wrote:
Thanks for the replies. Perhaps can become interesting the fact that the celtic 55mm filter version has a 5/4 formula and none mc nor md series have it.

The MD Celtic 135/3.5 with 55mm filter thread has 4/4 optical formula. the 49mm version is 5/5.

besides the MD there are two older MC Celtic 135/3.5 versions also. the first one uses 52mm filters and has metal grip. the second one is 55mm with rubber grip. both have 4/4 formula.

please refer to this link:

http://minolta.eazypix.de/lenses/index.html

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OptiX wrote:
estudleon wrote:

The MD Celtic 135/3.5 with 55mm filter thread has 4/4 optical formula. the 49mm version is 5/5.

besides the MD there are two older MC Celtic 135/3.5 versions also. the first one uses 52mm filters and has metal grip. the second one is 55mm with rubber grip. both have 4/4 formula.

please refer to this link:

http://minolta.eazypix.de/lenses/index.html

It's a good link, but has had errors for a long time. Smile
The Celtic section was recently updated to correct mistakes, and the missing 49 mm 135 3.5 version was added.
There was a Minolta Celtic 135 2.8 with a 5/4 design, it would make sense if the matching 135 3.5 was also 5/4, but it might not be.
I'm just saying don't trust this table completely. Smile