Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Third party lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:14 pm    Post subject: Third party lenses Reply with quote

On German ebay somebody from Belgium sells an Angenieux 35-70 zoom in very good condition with the original box for 349€. So I googled around to get some more information about this lense. The comments range from'awsome' (an absolutely overused and thus meaningless word) to 'about as good as the bottom of a coke bottle'. I came across the following page, which I find very interesting:

http://bbs.dartmouth.edu/~fangq/blog/index.cgi?note/photo/3PartyLens

Maybe most of the people here in the group already know Monaghan's page on third party cult lenses, from which much of this page is derived, but if not, I think it is worthwile consulting it.
I especially like the quotation about older cameras and lenses and their merits, which puts things into a sound perspective.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Third party lenses Reply with quote

madamasu wrote:
On German ebay somebody from Belgium sells an Angenieux 35-70 zoom in very good condition with the original box for 349€. So I googled around to get some more information about this lense. The comments range from'awsome' (an absolutely overused and thus meaningless word) to 'about as good as the bottom of a coke bottle'. I came across the following page, which I find very interesting:

http://bbs.dartmouth.edu/~fangq/blog/index.cgi?note/photo/3PartyLens

Maybe most of the people here in the group already know Monaghan's page on third party cult lenses, from which much of this page is derived, but if not, I think it is worthwile consulting it.
I especially like the quotation about older cameras and lenses and their merits, which puts things into a sound perspective.

That page (while very valuable, and its good that its preserved) really needs an updated edition to bring it from 1985-95 to 2009. A lot has happened since then. The entirety of digital, for example. And some new cult classics, too.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a lot of updating in the content of this forum. But you are absolutely correct Chris. It does need some updating (and it is responsible for some of the elevated prices on ebay).

patrickh

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Open a Cult Classic thread Chris! And we can make a new list...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
There is a lot of updating in the content of this forum. But you are absolutely correct Chris. It does need some updating (and it is responsible for some of the elevated prices on ebay).

Hmm so really, we should make plans on the super sekret foru and then re;leasea cult classic page which gives really poor marks to all the stuff we want to buy and says its wildly overrated Crying or Very sad