Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Then and Now
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:23 am    Post subject: Then and Now Reply with quote

Do you have any images in your collection of subjects that you took years ago, which you have recently revisited only to see just how much they've changed?

I have quite a few, I suspect, but only one I can think of offhand that I can verify.

In Southern California, along the coast in the Los Angeles area, is Palos Verdes Estates, which overlook the Palos Verdes Penninsula. On that little point of land is the Point Vincente Lighthouse, a very photogenic subject, if there ever was one. I like the photo I took of it so much, I've even painted in oils a copy of my photo. This lighthouse has been photographed many times and if I do a google search of it, I can come up with images that are quite recent -- say within the past three or four years. There are differences between my photo and these, some quite subtle, but they're there.

Here's a copy of the photo I took in 1986. Pardon the spots and dirt -- haven't had time yet to clean it properly. Canon F-1, Vivitar Series 1 28-90mm f/2.8-3.5, Kodachrome 64.

And here are a couple of photos I found while googling "Point Vincente Lighthouse" on the net:

So, got any interesting "Then and Now" subjects? If so, how about sharing them here?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A house not far from me used to be a stage coach inn\pub