Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The Unexpected from these M42 Mount Lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:50 am    Post subject: The Unexpected from these M42 Mount Lenses Reply with quote

I found a few M42 lenses lying around and I thought of selling them. But first I wanted to test them out. It is truly amazing how lenses where crafted before. Especially from these lenses, I wasn't expecting these results. Excellent Bokeh. Gorgeous sharpness, And No CA.
Images were taken with a Canon EOS 1Ds MKII and no photoshop was used except for resizing. Enjoy Smile

Sears Auto 55mm f/1.8 on Auction Now Click here to see on Ebay

[/img]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 55mm f 1.8 is a Ricoh Rikenon, these were rebranded by Sears. but of course Ricoh got it from someone else again.
True origin is uncertain.

The 28mm I think was rebranded from Chinon. Again, they got it from someone else. I suspect Cosina.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beautiful! Very nice lenses to just have laying around Wink

Nino

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked for more photos of your Auto Sears 2.8/28mm MC and it looks like Tokina RMC. Older Sears M42 version is also from Tokina.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did remove your sale links, if you would like to advertise your sales , Marketplace is right place , please don't put anywhere else your sales.