Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The top nine classic lenses - How many of these do you own?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two CZJ 50mm Tessars but I've only tried one of them (a zebra version) which proved to be a rather poor lens IMO.
The only other I have is a SMC Pentax 50/1.4 (I think I have the M version but the A & F versions are optically identical).
I've certainly used the 50/1.7 more.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Odd list.

Of the presented lenses I only have two:

Minolta MC 58mm/F1.2: It's indeed legendary and there is nothing more to say.
Jupiter-12 35mm/F2.8: Not bad at all on APS-C like my Ricoh GXR-M but rather crappy on full size sensor cameras (blurred corners even on the A7R II with new sensor design). Therefore nothing special.

No plans to follow the recommendations of the blog writer; i.e. to acquire any of the other lenses. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciolist wrote:
Lloydy wrote:

Carl Zeiss Jena Tessar 50mm 2.8 - Another great lens, and everyone must have at least one by now?

Likely. But not that one.

Only got one on the original list and it's that in probably at least four versions.. 😂

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own all non-RF lenses on this list, and I think he pulled it out of the place the sun don't shine.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gardener wrote:
I own all non-RF lenses on this list, and I think he pulled it out of the place the sun don't shine.

Like Dog

My thoughts exactly.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The exact purpose of this post remains to be seen, however now the blogger is getting not so nice press from members of what has been noted on more than one photo bweb site as a board where the members are really nice & polite...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
The exact purpose of this post remains to be seen, however now the blogger is getting not so nice press from members of what has been noted on more than one photo bweb site as a board where the members are really nice & polite...

Don't think I do not appreciate the value of civility, but all these top 10 lists are self-serving.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently have and will never sell:
2.) Minolta MC Rokkor 58mm f1.2
5.) SMC Pentax 50mm f1.4

Had: (nothing special imo)
7.) Carl Zeiss Jena Tessar 50mm 2.8
8.) Sigma Mini-Wide 28mm
9.) Vivitar Auto F3.5 200mm

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One, and I don't even want to own any of the rest.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rangefinder stuff is automatically not in my collection as I shoot a Pentax DSLR

I have the SMC Pentax-A 50mm 1:1.4 (And it's Takumar predecessor)
CZJ Tessar 50/2.8
Sigma Mini-Wide in the Non-Vignetting version.
That Vivitar 200/3.5 looks a lot like a Tokina I have but like it is a slightly more modern version. My Tokina is from 1968

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
Jupiter – 12 - A great lens, worthy of the 'classic' tag.
Carl Zeiss Jena Tessar 50mm 2.8 - Another great lens, and everyone must have at least one by now?
Sigma Mini-Wide 28mm - I've got three, and try as I might I can't get a decent picture from any of them, on APSC or Full Frame. Not on my list by any measure.
Vivitar Auto F3.5 200mm - What an oddball for a list like this, but it's on my list of favourites all day long.

Well I still use a film camera and I too am not impressed with the Sigma mini wide 28mm...ok it takes pictures if stuck for a lens, but IMO the common FDn 28mm f2.8 is superior.