Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The Shrine at Night
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:29 am    Post subject: The Shrine at Night Reply with quote

I spent an hour in my local shrine a few nights ago. It's a bit creepy at night Very Happy

First 3 shots are with the Ais 24/2.8, the last is with the Ai 50/1.4. All taken on my Nikon D3000.

Thanks for looking Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, really beautiful. Great captured! Wink

Shrine? Can you explain what these amazing looking houses are for? Surprised

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your second and third shots are great. I also like three over four, given that they're similar buildings and vantages, because of the clouds in three. They add a decent amount of drama to the background. In four, the stars -- Orion's belt and Lepus? --actually distract a bit because they stand out from an otherwise-dark background.

That said, nothing really wrong with any of them. The colors, especially, are fantastic.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:

Thanks. These are religious buildings in Japan. There are 2 parallel religions in Japan, Shintoism and Buddhism. These buildings are from Shintoism.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
Your second and third shots are great. I also like three over four, given that they're similar buildings and vantages, because of the clouds in three. They add a decent amount of drama to the background. In four, the stars -- Orion's belt and Lepus? --actually distract a bit because they stand out from an otherwise-dark background.

That said, nothing really wrong with any of them. The colors, especially, are fantastic.

Thanks for your input. Agree with you regarding the movement of the clouds. A storm had just passed through. Had I been 20 minutes earlier, I would have caught a lot more cloud movement. Next time there is some dramatic cloud movements, I'll go back.

You're right, the stars do distract. They need to sharp and twinkling or not there at all. In my shots, they are a bit blurry.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 lovely shots, very well done....

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastics shots! It's a very beautiful place

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"They need to sharp and twinkling or not there at all. In my shots, they are a bit blurry."

How long was the exposure? The blurriness may be due to star movement. I forget how long it takes for a star to move enough to be noticed in an image (it must depend on how far the star is from the zenith), but I recall taking a long-exposure moon shot a few years back where the moon and all the stars were movement-blurred. I think that was a 15- or 30-second exposure.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting building and nice shots. Can't decide which photos I like most. Either #1 or #2.

The temples are light up at night everyday?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just noticed something neat in #4. Check the top right area, from above the roof down and right. There's a faint red line with periodic red dots. Looks like you caught an airplane flying overhead.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

impressive place and photos

Regards
Catalin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments everyone. It's a lovely place and I should spend more time and get some better photos there.

David wrote:
I just noticed something neat in #4. Check the top right area, from above the roof down and right. There's a faint red line with periodic red dots. Looks like you caught an airplane flying overhead.

Just checked and I think you're right. You have a very good pair of eyes, sir!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are very nice. I love the location Smile
One of the most difficult things about night architecture is getting the white balance correct.
In these photos it looks pretty good. Nice job!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:

Shocked +1