Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The Road Thread
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:30 pm    Post subject: The Road Thread Reply with quote

Chris's great picture of Highway 101 in Washington State, USA, inspired me to start this thread. Please post any great pics you've taken that include a road - anywhere!

My poor effort to start the ball rolling is of the D9 highway in Germany, which runs along the western bank of the Rhine from Bingen in the south up to Koblenz, then on to Bonn and Koln. This is the famous stretch of the Rhine Valley with castles and vines on the steep slopes each side of the River.

The church spire is at Spay, just south of Koblenz, and in the mist in the background you can just see Marksburg Castle on the hill at Braubach, on the other side of the river. http://www.marksburg.de/english/frame.htm

The day was misty following a storm the night before and we were on our way home from a great holiday in Germany. I just had to stop to take this shot, it would have been much better in the sunshine.