Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The red hordes have reached English shores
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: The red hordes have reached English shores Reply with quote

Here they are:

Both cameras are mint and fully working, the lightmeter on the FED-4 even works like new and is pretty accurate.

Zorki-6 is made in 1966 and has both lever wind and hinged back. Fed-4 is made in 1988 and has lever wind but annoying removable back.

Lenses from left to right:

Jupiter-8 1955 red P - stunning lens on NEX
Industar-22 collapsible red P
Industar-26M red P
Industar-50 1959 collapsible - sharp as a razor on NEX

mounted on the Zorki-6 is an Industar-50/2 made in 1966
mounted on the Fed-4 is an Industar-61 made in 1988, very sharp indeed on NEX

Looking forward to taking long walks in the countryside this summer with this little lot, I've been stockpiling 35mm film in readiness.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They look like a lot of fun. I am a little envious.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They can be had pretty cheap on ebay, look for the early ones with the red P (looks like an n) symbol.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see a happy family! Congrats!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the weather is nice tomorrow I'm taking them out for a first shoot, can't wait, will be a bit of a challenge as I need to learn to use the rangefinder properly and I've not shot with this type of camera before, but I like a challenge!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
If the weather is nice tomorrow I'm taking them out for a first shoot, can't wait, will be a bit of a challenge as I need to learn to use the rangefinder properly and I've not shot with this type of camera before, but I like a challenge!

Super easy, you will love it! I look forward your shoots!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had my Commie Zorki 4K out the other day, I'm getting the hang of it. Very Happy

Theater Severn. by Mudplugga, on Flickr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shot David, thanks for sharing!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, i shot the Zorki 6 today and found it a wonderful experience, the RF is so easy to use.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pic's ? Wink

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going to collect the film from Asda today so will post pics shortly.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own a Kiev (see here http://forum.mflenses.com/kiev-4m-t43964.html) with the red Jupiter-8 too. Is this the same lens (same mount) and if yes what type of adapter I have to buy for the Nex ?

Thanks in advance

Wink

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rolf

Mine are in M39 so I use a M39 to NEX adapter.

To use Kiev/Contax RF lenses on NEX you must have one of the adapters made from the helicod and mount from a broken Kiev, Attila sells them.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf the one you have there is the Kiev version (Bayonet) you can buy one of attillas adaptors, or make your own with a M39 and butchering the camera mount

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the results of the first roll I put through the Zorki 6 with the I-50 rigid. I think this is a very good lens, as good as my other I-50 collapsible.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really good indeed, congrats!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to add, those are raw supermarket scans, no PP.

Cheers Attila, I really enjoyed using this camera, so I will be putting it to good use in the future.