Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The reason why I don't like insect photography much :)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:04 am    Post subject: The reason why I don't like insect photography much :) Reply with quote

Taken with a Helios-44M and +4 close-up filter

Click to see large version

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You get a lot of mileage out of that Helios! Looks very clear and sharp - if a bit disgusting *shiver*. I hope you didn't have to get too close, I find cockroaches so repulsive. . . .

K.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cockroaches sure look more sophisticated close up. I would have to agree they are quite disgusting insects. Beautifully captured however!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found sometimes but they are so fast I cannot pic them
and if I kill one with my shoes, it is not beautiful anymore

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clearly, you've not seen Joe's Apartment.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@thePiRaTE!!: It's the sharpest lens I own next to the SuperTaks. Oh, I got very close Smile

@natebarnz: Yes, most if not all insects look like 'robots' up close. Thank you.

@poilu: I'm not sure what's wrong with this cockroach. I touched its antennae and it didn't move. So I ran up and got my camera and took these shots. After I uploaded, I wanted to reshoot with all my close-up filters stacked for maximum magnification but it was gone. Sad

@haley: I haven't seen the movie yet Smile

Thanks for dropping by guys.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could think of many different insect subjects which are more appealing
than a common cockroach. Shocked

Even so, these are first-rate pics.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Sked: It's the only insect I didn't have to hunt to shoot Smile I'm not really a bug photographer. I'd shoot them when there's an opportunity but I don't go out of my way to find them.

Thank you for appreciating the pics.