Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The New Pictorialism
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:38 pm    Post subject: The New Pictorialism Reply with quote

A new blog on mounting and using very old lenses:
http://thenewpictorialism.blogspot.com/

Please take a look!

Thanks,

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll certainly enjoy your BLOG as I like SF work a lot (as you already know Bruce)!
That Gillies PS is a great lens indeed!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bookmarked, I shall follow your excellent blog. I like to see something different.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi papah - very interesting, but the Clarence White pic is just sohh grainy and the bokeh is way too extreme, that style will never catch on . . . Wink

No, back to earth - the White picture really appeals to me - how much more mood can you get into a photograph? And I'm taken by the results you've got yourself.

Looking at your camera/bellows/lens board set up, am I deceived by the angle of the shots, or is the lens board tilted forward slightly? Pardon me if I'm wrong, please.

Do show us some more - !

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like design picture best, excellent.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scsambrook wrote:
. . .
Looking at your camera/bellows/lens board set up, am I deceived by the angle of the shots, or is the lens board tilted forward slightly? Pardon me if I'm wrong, please.

Do show us some more - !

The lens board doesn't normally tilt; it may have been loose when I set up those photos. I wish there were room to use the tilts and risers of the original holder, but I have to use the full Linhof rig to get that functionality.

-Bruce