Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The full name of "DSB" in Yashica lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2024 9:13 am    Post subject: The full name of "DSB" in Yashica lens Reply with quote

I would appreciate some help.For some reason I wonder to know the full name of the "DSB" in Yashica lens.I can't find it in my browser.if someone know it.Tell me please!!! ( ´◔ ‸◔`)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2024 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most relevant discussion I could find, which is still speculation rather than definite confirmation:

https://yashica.boards.net/thread/970/dsb-zoom-bit-special

A quote from the discussion on that forum:

lumiworx wrote:

Yashica seemed to use fairly simple labeling when it came to both model and part numbers before Kyocera and their marketing madmen got involved, so with that in mind...

My guess is there was a basic name change that came with the change in mounting - from Yashinon DS (single coated for M42), that evolved into Yashica DSB (single coated for C/Y), where 'B' was the 2nd iteration. At the same time the mount changed, they dropped the 'nicknames' for optical diagraming (Yashinon, Yashikor, etc.); so that everything was just "Yashica" or "Yashica Lens", plus a 'lens model / coating type' lettering combination.

If you add the YUS and MC lenses into the mix after the switch to a bayonet mount, it starts to get real messy. The YUS line was the uncoated and discounted end of the spectrum, and the MC lenses were multi-coated, but I presume they were not using the same AR coatings the ML line used, but maybe just dual/triple HR coatings.

EDIT: welcome to the forum by the way, ghost2000! Happy Dog

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2024 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, the "B" part of "DSB" is tentatively explained. So the "DS" still needs to be discussed, right?

Wink

S

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2024 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does indeed Stephan Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2024 10:17 am    Post subject: Thanks a lot! Reply with quote

I have a Yashica DSB 50mm F1.9.And I want to make a video of it.Your comments helps me a lot!(๑ơ ₃ ơ)♥

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2024 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks a lot! Reply with quote

ghost2000 wrote:
I have a Yashica DSB 50mm F1.9.And I want to make a video of it.Your comments helps me a lot!(๑ơ ₃ ơ)♥

If you want to make a video about it, you should use the lens yourself, shooting in different situations, and compare it with other lenses. If you cannot report your own findings your video may not be convincing ...

S

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2024 5:14 am    Post subject: That's a good way but I have no condition(→_←) Reply with quote

Actually,this lens is so rarely in my country.I got it form a friend of mine.I hardly find any information about this lens.So I want to make a video to introduce it.I don't have the suitable lens to compare. ( T﹏T )

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2024 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we see a photo please? Smile

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2024 11:11 am    Post subject: Are you familiar with this lens?Or know something about it? Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
Can we see a photo please? Smile

[img][/img]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2024 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks a lot! Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
ghost2000 wrote:

If you want to make a video about it, you should use the lens yourself, shooting in different situations, and compare it with other lenses. If you cannot report your own findings your video may not be convincing ...

S

Of course you are in charge, but I often test center- and corner performance @ infinity @ different apertures (for landscape purpose), and then maybe central sharpness & bokeh at close distance subject. A comparison with another well known vintage lens is probably most interesting for most people.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2024 6:08 am    Post subject: Thanks your advice! Reply with quote

I don't have other old manual-focus-lens to compare.And I use my mobile to make video.I haven't enough skill to add it in my video(ಥ﹏ಥ)