Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Testing my Golden Navitar 150-230mm f3.5 projector lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:55 am    Post subject: Testing my Golden Navitar 150-230mm f3.5 projector lens Reply with quote

Testing my Golden Navitar 150-230mm f3.5 projector lens. It's a hugh lens, at least 2 pounds heavy. No aperture ring, thus all shots were taken wide open. Still very sharp IMHO. What's your comments on it performance?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks nice.congrats

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IAZA wrote:
looks nice.congrats

Thank you! Smile Smile

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks amazing. Really filmisch. Nice rendering.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything looks good to me too. Colors, sharpness, etc.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

asterinex wrote:
Looks amazing. Really filmisch. Nice rendering.

Thank you for viewing and the nice comments! Smile Smile

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not know they could be imaged as those with projector lens, good results, I see that you have fun.

Happy shots!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anktonio wrote:
I did not know they could be imaged as those with projector lens, good results, I see that you have fun.

Happy shots!

Thank you! Yes, I enjoy taking photos with it very much. I learned from different forums that projector lens can be converted as image taking lens. For some, the resulting images could be soft. Now I learned to put a black paper ring in between the lens elements of those soft projector lenses to act as iris and iy usually works well giving much sharper images. Smile Smile

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lovely pictures, the colours and sharpness are excellent - as are your compositions.

The black paper iris makes a difference, I use one in my Zeiss Ikon Oricor 150 / 3.2 projector lens, I use a 6mm hole.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the set! Really interesting shots and that lens renders really nicely!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
lovely pictures, the colours and sharpness are excellent - as are your compositions.

The black paper iris makes a difference, I use one in my Zeiss Ikon Oricor 150 / 3.2 projector lens, I use a 6mm hole.

For this particular lens, I have not added any iris. For some projector lenses, there is no need to add any iris. They include the D.O. Industries and the ISCO AV series. Smile Smile

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
Love the set! Really interesting shots and that lens renders really nicely!

Many thanks for your appreciation! Smile Smile