Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Testing Kodak Vision2 250D in BW chemistry
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:32 am    Post subject: Testing Kodak Vision2 250D in BW chemistry Reply with quote

I happen to have a large quantity of this film which is for the ECN-2 process and has a black remjet backing. I figured I'd try developing some in BW chemistry just out of curiosity. This was with a Pentax MV1 and M 1.7/50 lens.

Fomadon LQR 1:14 for 12 mins at 21C, film was exposed at 200.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's really interesting. Some of them look like solarized prints.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tones are like, details are limited, unique look for sure.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say this is your most successful cross-processing, yet.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it, a different look, but I think the width of tones is great. Here's a few I shot in my Konica C35, these show better detail I think. These were exposed at 100, developed for 10mins at 1:14, 21C.:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
I would say this is your most successful cross-processing, yet.

+1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The results are very nice.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think you might try developing color with this film, or is the remjet a problem?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I had one roll of this developed at the local supermarket and the result was wierd - the emulsion looked like it had melted and all I got was a bunch of negs with wierd wavy lines on them. I don't have the chems to try C-41 DIY but I might get some soon.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was intrigued by it for a few weeks, and researched on the web. A lot of older threads, and a few flickr images. I do like the colors, but the developing consensus was mostly negative. Not that it was all negative, though. A few got great results. But I can't justify it for myself, at the moment. I have over 100 rolls of Portra 160nc available to me (very cheap), and I, too, need to get c41 chemicals. I have 30 rolls shot, already, and have been tempted to run a few B/W. Anyways, I look forward to seeing what results you get, and how the process goes when you do get some c41. Smile I think you definitely need to squeegie the remjet off while it's still wet, or those lines contaminate the film emulsion. If you can't find the threads by googling, I might be able to find them again.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Results look sharp, but I'm not keen on the way the blacks block up.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this film gives much better results cross-processed than the Kodak ColorPlus, which is just an awful film generally.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh yes, Colorplus is pretty poor stuff Sad

Here's some shots with a Pentax-M 3.5/135, all wide open:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting. #2 first series is great.

England and Finland are same at b&w: #4 second series