Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tessar 4.5/40
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A wonderfull lens, superb bukeh, I like it. The Tessar is like the pentax a pancake, with little blades, but the pictures are great.
The design of silver Carl Zeiss is also perfect. The follower black edition is really staidly.

yours sincerely Peter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
I just won a second copy of my beloved Jena Tessar 3.5/50, this time in Exakta mount, for just 14 Euros. Shocked

It's incredible how such a fine lens can be given away so cheaply. But I'm happy to have a backup and to also have the possibility to compare two copies of this lens.

It's "only" f3.5. Most people are not interested in such a "slow" lens, no matter how great the optics otherwise are!
That's the weird thing. You get a lot of money for optically bad f1.x copies but if you sell a great lens that only opens to f3.5 you will let it go for almost nothing. That is one of the reasons why I still have some of my 3.5/135 lenses. Although they are great, hey would sell for almost nothing, so I rather keep them. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At first, I ordered my Pentax 50mm/1,4 only for the aperture and the price. I realised after, that the Pentax M 50/1,7 is better and a lens is anyhow best about aperture 5,6. How often was I am using the arperture 1,4? Not often, becouse the Cam´s allowes higher ISO and so I take 2,8 and I get more deep-sharpness and better pic´s.

So, we should be happy about this cheapness, but I feel, the prices are growing, becouse the DSLR-Fever is more and more on the run.

regards Peter