Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

telecoverter or big lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if it's due to changing conditions but the MC7 looks a little washed out. The other two aren't bad, really.

OT - Have fun floating with the fishes. If yours is anything like my last whale watch your lens won't need much reach, these critters often come right up to you and breech and spout not too far off. Nothing like having a 70-foot fin whale swim alongside a 40-foot boat. Impressive.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frenched wrote:
Not sure if it's due to changing conditions but the MC7 looks a little washed out. The other two aren't bad, really.

OT - Have fun floating with the fishes. If yours is anything like my last whale watch your lens won't need much reach, these critters often come right up to you and breech and spout not too far off. Nothing like having a 70-foot fin whale swim alongside a 40-foot boat. Impressive.

Yes...I've looked at them again and was coming to the same conclusion. I need better conditions really. And I'm undecided whether to use this Vivitar Series 1 or the Tokina ATX 80-200 / 2.8 - and I've got a Kenmore X2 TC for that. Ah....more testing! Rolling Eyes

The last time we went whale watching was over on Vancouver Island, and the boats were not allowed to get within a certain distance of the Killer Whales and the crappy 100-300 Canon AF on my EOS600 ( shooting Ektachrome ) was too short.
This trip we're in Nova Scotia visiting my brother, who's been on this boat before, and I think we can get closer. But there's not many sightings of Killer Whales on the East coast around N.S. but plenty of other species, we've seen them off the headland of Cape Split and around the Bay of Fundy on previous trips.
The slides I took with the Canon were disappointing, the lens was truly horrible in every way which didn't help. So I want to make sure I get at least one good picture this time. Wink