Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tele-Xenar 24cm f/4.5, silver exa :)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:49 pm    Post subject: Tele-Xenar 24cm f/4.5, silver exa :) Reply with quote

As I am a huge fan of silver, sexy looking, scarce and mountable Very Happy very old telephoto lenses, this Schneider stuff naturally cought my eye:

Thus I wonder did anyone here have such a thing in his hands? As for research, I've found literally a goose egg Very Happy about performance but f is not that bad. Is it comparable with, lets say, Tele-Tessars? Bokeh-wise, I've heard Schneider to be broadly known as OOF-boring, but could be just an opinion or somebody's state of mind. And I've never had any - so...

Apparently, one of its kind seems to be available on Ebay right now, but iris-broken and for a nasty money I'm, of course, not about to pay at all. So if anyone digs it anywhere on the internet for a reasonable "curiousity value" money, I'll definitely welcome the info.

Code:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/351313270914?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Marek

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Click here to see on Ebay

(I assume you have get the permission of the photo from the seller before post the photo here.)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have its big brother the 360mm/5.5, in later zebra alu form, a favorite lens.
Lovely creamy oof areas in closeups. Sharp wide open but CA as usual with long teles of the era.
The 240 was less common later than the 360, never managed to find one for a bargain.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Lovely creamy oof areas in closeups. Sharp wide open but CA as usual with long teles of the era.
The 240 was less common later than the 360, never managed to find one for a bargain.

Completely agree, but CA I find depends on the camera used, Canon sensors seem to work best.

Incidentally , I saw this going for a song - almost mint in box from 1954 - just had to have it Smile
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Schneider-Kreuznach-Objektiv-Tele-Xenar-4584079-/271750729131?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=GePcwjZho0nJ2RXogfGNM5yk%252FsQ%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:

Thanks for opinion. By some reason, you seem to occur as an owner of most of the lenses I want to discuss/seek for, or some very similar ones Very Happy

And I do remember your thread.

JohnBar wrote:
luisalegria wrote:

Completely agree, but CA I find depends on the camera used, Canon sensors seem to work best.

Incidentally , I saw this going for a song - almost mint in box from 1954 - just had to have it Smile
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Schneider-Kreuznach-Objektiv-Tele-Xenar-4584079-/271750729131?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=GePcwjZho0nJ2RXogfGNM5yk%252FsQ%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Nice. Auction is auction and probably represents real market value, whatever that is.