Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron SP350/5.6 with Pentax K-01
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:07 am    Post subject: Tamron SP350/5.6 with Pentax K-01 Reply with quote

I have been playing with this lens on and off,I am not sure if I like it or not. It certainly is a challenge to obtain a sharp image with it...I think that comes down to a little more practice on my part. I think having a small camera does not help with stabilising the lens. I did sort of use a tripod with these images...I had a short old tripod, very light and not quite tall enough for what I wanted to do.

Here are some samples...resized to 900X596 so the quality may be made worse by the small size(?)
1) Looking through the trees to the power lines.

2) Tap and icecream container (bird bath) focus was on the icecream container

3) Carnation, the focus is on the petals.

4)Sunflower,the focus is on the front leaf

5) My usual model,focus is on her eye...testing out the close focus of this lens

6) Bower bird,focus was on the birds body,I could not focus on the eye

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look good to me. This lens is quiet expensive because the quality is good and it can focus close. You may remove the tripod mount by the four screws if you do not use it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Calvin,This lens was on the cheap side and came without the tripod mount. It needs the front element cleaned eventually when I can afford the service.

I find the big brother SP500/8 easier too use...I just need to practice more with this lens and get used to it.