Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron SP F System 2x Tele- Converter For Pentax-S
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:11 am    Post subject: Tamron SP F System 2x Tele- Converter For Pentax-S Reply with quote

Once again this Converter is being modeled with The Tamron SP 500/8 (55B) Mirror lens Very Happy (Images taken with the K200D and Flektogon 2.8/35)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting marketing decision for Tamron to go with a fixed mount TC.

I wonder if this TC was dedicated for any particular lens.

What are the results from this ? 1000mm f/16 is very hard to use, I know.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did try once I had no luck I couldn't get sharp images Smile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Interesting marketing decision for Tamron to go with a fixed mount TC.

could be wobbly system if you put adaptall to the rear of the converter?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://forum.mflenses.com/tamron-sp500-8-plus-tamron-sp-2x-tele-convertor-for-f-system-t54014.html

These moon shots were taken with that converter,personally I think the 01F takes sharper images ( But I need to explore this a little more before it can be taken as an definite conclusion).
I have the Tamron adaptall M42 mount adapter which is the little ring in between the lens and convertor.The only problem using the M42 adapter with the Mirror lens, is the lens hits the Pentax K200Ds flash so I have to loosen the tripod mount to screw it on.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it is a Tamron made m42-m42 2 x converter?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes,It is an Tamron SP M42 converter (The F system was Tamrons fixed mount range if I have read the history correctly), It has the M42 mount one end and you screw the M42 lens on the other or in this case the M42 Adaptall mount adapter.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
The F system was Tamrons fixed mount range if I have read the history correctly

is there a good source online somewhere?

can't find just but 2x adapters with google.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the idea of a 1000 lens as long as you can keep it motionless. But do you find the f16 aperture with the 2xTC a bit limiting Mo?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have read about the F system on this forum and around the net... Very Happy I typed it into Google and it came up with this in the Pentax forum
http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/lens-clubs/59769-adaptall-mount-club-tamron-25.html The F system is mentioned down the page.I guess there is no definitive writing on or about the F system Tamrons .If you look at the brochure on the Tamron websitehttp://adaptall-2.org/ in the Products brochure section the F system lenses do not look like my convertor in styling. Confused

Hi Peter, once you locate the moon it is not that hard to use the 1000mm at F16..... BUT trying to find anything else in the dark night sky such as a plane is like trying to find a needle in the haystack... Laughing Ask me how I know this!! It is far easier in the day to use the extra length with bright clear daylight....keeping it motionless is a little harder...I have not really tried it out in the day time.[url][/url]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may be worth buying a Tamron F convertor brochure Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the brochure tip.

The zoom looks exactly like my ad(1) version.