Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron SP 52A 70-210mm Macro Lens Test Shot
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:11 pm    Post subject: Tamron SP 52A 70-210mm Macro Lens Test Shot Reply with quote

Hi,

I was asking before about Vivitar 90-180 Macro vs the Tamron SP 52A 70-210mm that I had bought. I wasn't expecting much from this lens. I was very surprised when it arrived and I took it out for a shoot. It is tack sharper than many of my other Tamrons.

The focus is much harder to get right than my Nikon Micro. I will need to practice more with it to get the focus I want out of this lens.

Here are sample flower shots at 1:2:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a lens with a good reputation, it's east to see why. Great shots, the purple leafs are excellent.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same lens and I like it a lot. At the macro range it is a much better performer than the famed 19AH. I have compared them head to head and 52B wins in almost all situations at macro range with a slight boost to contrast and color in post.

Here are some pretty recent examples on A7. These shots aren't posted either.

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

Cool

9)

10)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is why my wallet is empty and sad. I log in and see pictures like this and then I want that lens.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikonshooter wrote:
This is why my wallet is empty and sad. I log in and see pictures like this and then I want that lens.
Very Happy Very Happy

Fortunately this one is reasonably priced. One of the better kept secrets thanks to Adaptall-2.org's assertion that it is not as good as the 19AH. You can pick this up on the fleabay between $60-$90 US.