Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron SP 35-80 & SP 24-48 adaptall-2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Tamron SP 35-80 & SP 24-48 adaptall-2 Reply with quote

Hello

I've got a slight issue here, when i mount these lenses on my aps-c sized Nikon d3100 with adapter, it will not focus to infinity at the lower focal lengths. At 80mm the 35-80 does it almost, but when put to 35, its max 3 meters or so.

I also have a 70-210 SP which focuses perfectly from macro distance to infinity.

On the Olympus OM-4, all lenses focus perfect. The adapter thickness seems to be exactly the same on Nikon as on Olympus.

What is going on at the wide angle range, is the rear of the lenses too close to the sensor for APS-C?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have both these lenses and they operate perfectly on my Canon EOS 10D. I have no experience with Nikon cameras though.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to add that i absolutely love the 35-80 for macro work, the focus throw is just so long with the reproduction ratio clearly stated on the lens while focusing (i must calculate crop factor in though). I find it sharp wide open, however the SP 70-210 for macro work seems to not do nearly as good a job, but works fine stopped down to F-5.6 and forth.

I've been lucky to own these lenses from my father's photo days and currently looking if any "fix" to these problems is possible, would love to use them creatively for landscape or similiar with the focus, due to the long throw of focus compared to what modern AF lenses usually have.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given lenses focus fine with OM adapter, there must be a problem with the Nikon adapter.

Error tolerances are less for wide angle lens than for telephoto lens.

If a lens does not reach infinity focus, the adapter is too thick; the adapter then acts as a short extension tube.

I think there is a problem with the Adaptall-2 Nikon adapter. Is it a genuine Adaptall-2 mount, or a third party product? If third party product, it could be too thick.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the focus ring turn correctly (by scale) or does it just focus wrong?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the adapter is third party, i must take a closer look at it. Nationalfish: yes the focus ring turns right. Thanks for the input fellas.