Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron bbar 85-210mm f/4.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:37 pm    Post subject: Tamron bbar 85-210mm f/4.5 Reply with quote

Does anybody know something about this lens?what about shaprness, contrast and ca at different focal lenght?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a poor lens. Difficult to get sharp images and no where near as good as the later Adaptall 2 80-210/3.8-4.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But it looks good in silver Wink Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
It's a poor lens. Difficult to get sharp images and no where near as good as the later Adaptall 2 80-210/3.8-4.

thx i recently bought one in set so will put on ebay Wink

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karabud wrote:
ManualFocus-G wrote:

thx i recently bought one in set so will put on ebay Wink

Ah, fair enough! Bear in mind my experience was with just one copy, so maybe give it a go first Smile But mine was total crap Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on the model, if it was this one:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fatdeeman/sets/72157622979061383/

Then it's pretty good in my opinion but if it's the older version with the distance scale made from transparent plastic then it's not as good.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same lens as fatdeeman has and it is a good lens. Very pratical to walk around. The macro function works realy good its easy to get focus...I particularly like to use it.
Some samples, all handheld.

Singing on thorns (croped)

The birth of an octopus

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fatdeeman wrote:

Then it's pretty good in my opinion but if it's the older version with the distance scale made from transparent plastic then it's not as good.

I got this one(didn`t use it - my brother use it and says that isn`t bad). Thx for info and pics Wink

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fatdeeman wrote:

Well I have this one too, and it's a good lens, but a 46a is sharper.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd agree with that, the 46a and 103a are very good lenses considering how affordable they are.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Resurrecting this old topic, I think this lens deserves a worthy mention. It's a lens I got in a bag of other stuff and never really bothered with, but I'm very impressed with my 90 / 2.5 Macro Tamron so I thought I'd try this old zoom from the 1970's.
I'm glad I did, the sun was glorious and I went no further than our garden and used the macro to capture the flowers and the bee's collecting pollen.
These are crops, not huge ones though. And there is PP, but again not much. The original pictures from the Tamron on the NEX5 were exceptional.
All shot hand held at ISO400 with a Sony NEX5. Most were shot at 1 or maybe 2 stops down.

Tamron BBAR 85-210 / 4.5 Model CZ-210M.