Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron and the Macro mode
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:41 pm    Post subject: Tamron and the Macro mode Reply with quote

Hi guys!

I just recieved my mint Tamron Adaptall 35-80 f2.8-3.8 and mounted it with my Adaptall-2 Adapter to my Nikon D200! Everything works fine but the macro is not engaging! I just can't turn the macro switch! What do I have to do to get the switch to turn?

Cheers,

Karhallarn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm confused a bit - there's probably a different model that you have - my 01a 35-80 is a CF Macro - CF stands for Continuous Focus. The minimum focus distance gets progressively closer the further you zoom - cranking the focus closer will make the zoom go longer, an effect I still find a hoot.

There's no switch on mine.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the older, the first 35-80mm! It works now! I just had to set it very tight to 35mm!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karhallarn wrote:
I have the older, the first 35-80mm! It works now! I just had to set it very tight to 35mm!

I think you are going to love the lens!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have that lens, I like it a lot!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know there was a previous version of the 35-80 SP with a separate macro mode. Do you have any reference to it?. I have the CF version and is a very sharp lens.

Javier

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.tamron.co.jp/data/old-lens/qz35m.htm