Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron adaptall 2 80-210 and Sony A300
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:44 pm    Post subject: Tamron adaptall 2 80-210 and Sony A300 Reply with quote

hi,
i have a manual focus Tamron 80-210 adaptall 2!
can i use it with my sony alpha using the adapter ad2-minolta without chip?...u know...im thinking if i will mount the tamron on my sony...probably it will say me that theres no lens attached coz of no chip confirmation...am i wrong?
or is there any disable "release w/o lens" option ad the a700 has?
Please let me know.
Thank you.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello! Welcome to our forum! I think you need to get an M42 adaptall-2 mount + M42 sony AF confirm chipped adapter. With Minolta it will not support infinity and if yes must be a glass adapter what is degrade image quality in most cases.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, the AD2 Minolta mount is for the old MD mount for film cams, not for A Mount, at least mine is. If you want to use a Tamron I'd suggest you get an Pentax M42 AD2 mount and use an M42/A Mount adapter with AF chip on the A700.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great minds think alike! Smile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you both...but i already know about the adpter...i would like to know if i need a chipped adapter by all means or i can get a w/o chip adapter...and where on my camera (alpha 300) can i choose to remove the lens check...or shut without a lens option? coz probably with a non chipped adapter the camera wont see the lens attached....

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you just need to use the camera in manual mode and it will wprk fine, it will show exposure bar in view finder and you just set desired apature and then adjust shutter speed to expose correctly or vice versa , thats how i use my A200 with a non chipped adapter.

Dave

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aussiesnapper wrote:
you just need to use the camera in manual mode and it will wprk fine, it will show exposure bar in view finder and you just set desired apature and then adjust shutter speed to expose correctly or vice versa , thats how i use my A200 with a non chipped adapter.

Dave

Ehi!!realllllllllly thank you for helping me out with that!!...coz i just once tried to remove a sony lens from the body and the switch on the sony a300...and it told me...no lens attached so i could press the shutter....so i supposed that if i used a non chipped adapter it could happen that the sony wont let me use the shutter coz it doesent see any lens attached!!
So, ill just plug in the adpter, the lens and switch to M mode and the swithc on the camera, right? no other option should be changed?
Thank you, hope it works! Coz im gonna buy an adpter M42-Sony coz i have the Tamron lens i told before with a Adaptall2-M42...so should it work with the both adapter combined?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look on Ebay for Chinese sellers. They make Adaptell 2 adapters which will fit Minolta/Sony A mount. You can get them with and without AF confirm chip. Also are availlable genuine Tamron AD2 adapters which will fit Minolta/Sony A mount. They will cost twice as much as the Chines one's. I don't know the quality of the Chinese makes. I have good experience with Chinese adapters for Olympus E500.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As well as some Chinese MAF Tamron mounts there is also a genuine Tamron MAF one (Rare) but the easy way is to mount your Tamron adaptall lenses with the Tamron M42 mount and Sony/Minolta to M42 lens adaptor. There is no problem fitting Tamron Adaptall lenses to Sony/MAF in this way and of course you do get infinity focus.
I used to have the Minolta DSLR and then the Sony Alpha (The first one) and used many different Tamron Adaptall lenses on them.
As the Sony DSLR have pretty good viewfinders you may not need the focus confirmation I never had a problem getting spot on focus without them.
To use MF lenses on Sony you will find an option buried in the menu that you must turn on, by default it is off. If it is off nothing will work, you just get the message no lens attached and the camera won't work.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Leslie wrote:
As well as some Chinese MAF Tamron mounts there is also a genuine Tamron MAF one (Rare) but the easy way is to mount your Tamron adaptall lenses with the Tamron M42 mount and Sony/Minolta to M42 lens adaptor. There is no problem fitting Tamron Adaptall lenses to Sony/MAF in this way and of course you do get infinity focus.
I used to have the Minolta DSLR and then the Sony Alpha (The first one) and used many different Tamron Adaptall lenses on them.
As the Sony DSLR have pretty good viewfinders you may not need the focus confirmation I never had a problem getting spot on focus without them.
To use MF lenses on Sony you will find an option buried in the menu that you must turn on, by default it is off. If it is off nothing will work, you just get the message no lens attached and the camera won't work.

Oh yeah, thats what i would like to do!!i will use two adpater...one ad2 to m42 and one m42 to sony/minolta...w/o chip...and im glad u did it worked...

About the option on the menu...could u please tell me which one is it on the alpha 300 coz i cant find anywhere...but user aussiesnapper said i just have to put the camera in M mode and no other option to let the body be used without lens confirmation....

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont have to change any setings just use the camera in manual mode, thats all i do

Cheers

Dave

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Sony was the first Alpha, maybe they changed the set up, I have never picked up or looked at another Sony since.
I forgot to mention the one little problem you will have mounting your Tamron lenses, which is stopping down. You have to make sure the M42 aperture pin is pressed in so the lens stops down as you turn the aperture ring (Acts as Manual aperture) Look at the Tamron M42 adaptor and you will see how it stops the lens down, you then just stuff a bit of cardboard in to wedge it stopped down. No need with Adaptall 1 lenses as they have a manual switch.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Leslie wrote:
My Sony was the first Alpha, maybe they changed the set up, I have never picked up or looked at another Sony since.
I forgot to mention the one little problem you will have mounting your Tamron lenses, which is stopping down. You have to make sure the M42 aperture pin is pressed in so the lens stops down as you turn the aperture ring (Acts as Manual aperture) Look at the Tamron M42 adaptor and you will see how it stops the lens down, you then just stuff a bit of cardboard in to wedge it stopped down. No need with Adaptall 1 lenses as they have a manual switch.

Thank you for explanation...i will, as soon as ill receive the adapter!thank you

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
Hi, the AD2 Minolta mount is for the old MD mount for film cams, not for A Mount, at least mine is. If you want to use a Tamron I'd suggest you get an Pentax M42 AD2 mount and use an M42/A Mount adapter with AF chip on the A700.

Any reason why you suggest a Pentax M42 / adaptall 2 adapter rather than any other?

I have a Tamron SP 60-300mm f/3.8 with a canon mount. Could I get canon to M42 adapter and then attach it to a M42/alpha mount onto my sony A700, either with or without an AF confirm chip?
thanks
alex

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!

Old Minolta MD adapter what is Peter mention before has different register distance than your AF camera you can use with correction glass adapter only with Minolta MD -> Minolta AF body. This solution is degrade image quality.

Peter solution has right register distance with an M42/Sony AF adapter, don't need correction lens in adapter. It's provide perfect quality and you can use with other camera bodies too perfectly what can mount M42 lenses.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biere Baron wrote:
peterqd wrote:

Any reason why you suggest a Pentax M42 / adaptall 2 adapter rather than any other?

I have a Tamron SP 60-300mm f/3.8 with a canon mount. Could I get canon to M42 adapter and then attach it to a M42/alpha mount onto my sony A700, either with or without an AF confirm chip?
thanks
alex

I think you will find that your Tamron Canon mount is not a EOS one so you could not use a Canon to M42 and another M42 to alpha mount.
I tend to think you are also getting the idea of a Canon to M42 mount wrong. They are M42 lens to Canon body. You would want Canon lens to M42 camera, I don't think that excists.
I think (Not 100% sure) that the only lens adaptor for a Sony/MAF is M42 and even those are not very reliable.
There is however a genuine Tamron to MAF mount which has already been mentioned (Rare and expensive) and you can find a Hong Kong variation on eBay.