Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron 80-210mm - How to ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:17 pm    Post subject: Tamron 80-210mm - How to ? Reply with quote

Hello, I'm wondering about that very good lens and feel I might be missing some important things without any manual for the use of this zoom.

There are two scales on it : one in white inscriptions, the second in yellow.

It is written in yellow that it is a CF Tele macro.
In white : BBar MC 30°-11.3°. What do the ° indicated mean ?

There are two apertures : 1:3.8 and 1:4/210. Is it possible that the aperture is 3.8 from 80mm to 180mm and then 4 at 210mm ?

There is a yellow arrow on the focusing barrel and yellow lines on the main barrel. Turning the arrow in front of the lines lead to figures making me think about macro ratios : 1:2.8 1:4 1:5 1:6 1:7 1:8 1:10. Just under these figures : 2x converter 1:1.4 1:2 1:2.5 1:3 1:3.5 1:4 1:5

I'm quite in the dark... Thanks in advance for bringing me some light. Laughing Maybe Shrek or Luis, as you have this lens ? Wink

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The scales are in feet and meters (but my feet are in blue)

BBar is the Tamron trademark for their multicoating.

The degrees are the angles of view (on a 35mm film frame) 30 degrees for 80mm, 11.3 for 210mm

Maximum available aperture changes as it is zoomed, this is not quite a constant-aperture zoom (but it almost is). So when wide open at 80mm this is an f/3.8, at 210mm it is an f/4

Those may be macro ratios, I never gave it much thought. It does focus quite close.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luis has it all covered I think! Smile

http://www.adaptall-2.com/lenses/03A.html

They are indeed macro scales, and if you find a Tamron teleconverter model 01F http://www.adaptall-2.com/lenses/01F.html you will get the macro ratios written underneath, up to 1:1.4.

I think other Graham has this 03A model, and might be able to tell you more, as I have the 103A version (although they are very similar).

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much, both of you !

The adaptall links are very interesting.

I'll try the macro abilities, also with my russian TK-2M TC 2x.