Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron 24mm f/2.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

will it perform ok on my canon 650d with the correct adaptor?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am impressed at how well my older Panagor (Kiron) 24 f/2.5 performs too.

Russ

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russ, Kirons have always had solid reputations. I wouldn't have been surprised really at your lens's performance.

Ande, yes, I see no reason why it wouldn't perform well on your 650D. Just set it to aperture priority mode. Focus with the lens's aperture set wide open. Then stop the lens down to whatever taking aperture you want to use just before tripping the shutter. You'll need to change out the mount, though, because the Canon FD mount won't work with EOS. However, you can find "dumb" Adaptall mounts for EOS on eBay. Or, another way to get it mounted to an EOS is to get an Adaptall 2 mount for one of a number of other camera makes -- Nikon, Pentax, Olympus, M42, just to name a few, and then buy the appropriate adapter to take it from that particular mount to EOS. This only makes sense if you already have a camera in one of those other mounts, though. If you don't then in your case, you would probably be better off just getting one of the Adaptall 2 mounts for EOS. Like this one, for example:

Click here to see on Ebay

Adapters exist that have the chip for focus confirmation and which basically fool the camera into thinking an AF lens is attached. But there is some disagreement apparently as to whether these will work on the 650D. So you're probably better off going with the straight "dumb" one.