Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron 135mm f2.5 Adaptall 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tested with extensions tubes on f8

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For years (after being infected with deadly 'undead glass' virus) I have failed over and over again to get copies of this lens. I've had good relation with Adaptall lenses so far, 10-15 copies with no real complaints. This thread made me to go for it again, and this time scores it. It's still on shipping, and hell seemed have taken ages.. Laughing

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great results!

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an old test summary where this lens has been tested too.

It is not one of the sharpest lenses - but is known to be a very good portrait lens:
Not too sharp and contrasty.
Very nice bokeh!

I prefer 2 different 135mm lenses:
Pentax K 3.5/135 (I had the K 2.5 and the M 3.5 but sold them due to this lens)
Jupiter 37A 3.5/135 which can be used (via M42-adapter) on almost any dslr and which outresolved the Pentax M 3.5/135 despite having the better bokeh .

The Tammy has reached a price level (on ebay) that I would not be willing to pay.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul wrote:

It is not one of the sharpest lenses - but is known to be a very good portrait lens:
Not too sharp and contrasty.
Very nice bokeh!

well I don't know about yours, but I'm quite happy with sharpness on mine (100% size):
http://temp.gebelt.cz/IMG_3194.jpg

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laurentiu Cristofor wrote:

I particularly liked #3(singer) and #4(glass pouring). Excellent results!

PS: #6 is very nice too.

martinsmith99 wrote:
Great results!

Thanks guys! Smile

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just picked this lens up at the local charity shop, paid 18 $ for it. Oily and dusty glass, which fortunately was very easy to clean (all lenses come out without having to remove anything other than retaining rings). Surprisingly sharp and great bokeh, with slight purple fringing and "dreamy" outlines wide open; definitely a keeper. Some examples, all wide open, with curves adjustments and slight sharpening in post.

White horse by scepticswe, on Flickr

Watergate by scepticswe, on Flickr

Riveted by scepticswe, on Flickr

Eeor's food by scepticswe, on Flickr