Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron 135mm f/2.5 on the Pentax K-01
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:10 pm    Post subject: Tamron 135mm f/2.5 on the Pentax K-01 Reply with quote

I've been a little away of taking pictures because my difficulties to properly focusing. Now I've found a nice solution, the Kamerar QV-1 viewfinder that places over the LCD screen and allows me much more precise focusing.

So I wanted to try this long term kept lens on the K-01:

And thanks to the QV-1 now I can use it:

The only drawback to me for this lens is the relatively long close focus distance (1.2m). Otherwise a fine lens

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hola Jesito, nice pics.

Does that lcd viewer have diopter adjustment? How much was it?

PS been a couple of 03B threads recently inc this one
http://forum.mflenses.com/tamron-135mm-f2-5-adaptall-2-t58688.html

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am interested with the details of the QV-1 as well .My eyes are not the best at times, but I seem to be able to focus better with the K-01 than the G1.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcusBMG wrote:
Hola Josito, nice pics.

Does that lcd viewer have diopter adjustment? How much was it?

PS been a couple of 03B threads recently inc this one
http://forum.mflenses.com/tamron-135mm-f2-5-adaptall-2-t58688.html

Hi Markus, thx for commenting.
yes, it has. The ring just after the vf cup does allow to fine focus on the LCD screen, I cannot precise how much but enough for me Smile
It has been the solution to my sight problems. I was taking too many out of focus pictures recently until I tried it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
I am interested with the details of the QV-1 as well .My eyes are not the best at times, but I seem to be able to focus better with the K-01 than the G1.

Hi Mo, it's a matter on how many dots you have in your screen.

In the case of the G1, you have 1,440,000 dots in the viewfinder. And you get only 460,000 on the LCD screen.

On the K-01 LCD screen you get 921,000 dots, so LCD screen vs LCD screen is normal that you can focus better on the K-01, you have more precission there.

I've also noticed the size of the screen also matters. With the tiny EVFs, even if they have more dots, my eyes cannot focus as precisely as with the K-01 plus the Kamerar add on. It might well be my eyes are reaching its resolution capability.

There are also other alternatives, the Hoodman Hoodloupe (better built but worse anchorage) and the Sevenoak one (more expensive, similar concept).

I like the Kamerar because it can be precisely aligned to the LCD by means of a set of screws that run along small slots and can position very well (both horizontally and vertically) the viewfinder in front of the LCD screen.

Moreover, since I got it, I use to deactivate the focus peaking most of the time... Smile

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the details Jes,I will look into the different brands. I am glad you have found a solution, and hope to see more images from your part of the world Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea, thank you.
My eyes are also getting troublesome.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a good lens, especially with the KA adapter. The MFD is not so bad. The Pentax K 135/2.5 is even worse with its 1.5m. Why I ended up using more of the Pentax K...the Tamron has a strong CA wide open and also I found it harder to focus than the Pentax. Otherwise a great lens and your pics are very nice.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a macro is in your future if you don't have one yet.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Thanks for the details Jes,I will look into the different brands. I am glad you have found a solution, and hope to see more images from your part of the world Very Happy

Thanks, Mo. I'll do Smile

luisalegria wrote:
Good idea, thank you.
My eyes are also getting troublesome.

A bit cumbersome, but effective.

atiratha wrote:
It is a good lens, especially with the KA adapter. The MFD is not so bad. The Pentax K 135/2.5 is even worse with its 1.5m. Why I ended up using more of the Pentax K...the Tamron has a strong CA wide open and also I found it harder to focus than the Pentax. Otherwise a great lens and your pics are very nice.

Thanks, Smile
Yes, I did notice some CA wide open, but I didn't find it so strong, I have to do further testing.
My copy is very sharp at f8, on sunny days is a perfect lens. I love how it resolve the blue colouring.

Lightshow wrote:
Looks like a macro is in your future if you don't have one yet.

Right, macro focusing is much worse with the short DOF, improved a lot with the LCD viewfinder. I currently own the Tammy SP 90mm macro. I can barely manage it without the extension tube (1:2). With the tube (1:1) I'm currently unable to get a decent picture. I keep trying Wink

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really like the Cat shot