Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Takumars vs Leica/Zeiss
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude163 wrote:
Kelly

have you tried any Leica glass at all?

This is akin to asking if I've tried cocaine. No, and there is a reason, hehe.

That said, I'd never have assumed I'd spend the kind of money I'm spending now in acquiring the 85/1.2 Planar, so anything is possible. Maybe I will try cocaine.

K.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, better try cocaine.
Your health insurance is paying the therapy. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Im on some pretty hardcore meds right now, not as fun as cocaine I hear, but I do still get paid!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the 28, 35 and 55mm SMC Taks, but I am not a fan of the 135mm and 200mm Taks. I don't know the other lenses.

It is a real pity that the 3.5/28 and 3.5/35 don't work on my 5D.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Leica , Voitlander and a Zeiss glass plus a couple of Canon lenses in Leica screwmount.
I also have a number of Pentax SMC lenses and an old Chinon 135/2.8.
Of course they are all different and I enjoy them all.
Very happy with the Pentax 100/2.8
If I want the best resolution I go for my 50 Summicron but to be honest I often prefer the lower contrast look of my CV 40 single coated lens or the two Canon screwmounts.
The question for me is more do I want to use an SLR or a Rangefinder.
The lenses aren`t so much of an issue.
I`d like to try a Tak on my ME.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Super Tak 50/1.4 is sharper than both Zeiss C/Y Planar 50s wide open at close focusing distances. I find the bokeh to be smoother and more to my liking as well. I wouldn't say the Zeiss lenses are better lenses, they excel in certain aspects but exhibit flaws in others, like every lens does. Choose lenses not by their reputation but your preferences and how it can fit your style of photography.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ersatz

Thats good advice re lenses.
I really must try a super tak .

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ersatz wrote:
My Super Tak 50/1.4 is sharper than both Zeiss C/Y Planar 50s wide open at close focusing distances. I find the bokeh to be smoother and more to my liking as well. I wouldn't say the Zeiss lenses are better lenses, they excel in certain aspects but exhibit flaws in others, like every lens does. Choose lenses not by their reputation but your preferences and how it can fit your style of photography.

Hi Ersatz.

My S-M-C 1,4/50 is a very good lens, really.

And it's as good as almost any 50 mm.

Like all of us, I used a lot of 50 mm lenses. Little diferences, if any, among them.

In my taste there were only two "differents"lenses.

1-Summicron M first version of 6 elements

2-Kern Macro Switar 1,9/50 all black for Alpa.

Of course, there are a lot of 50 mm lenses that I never used.

Rino.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look at this thread: http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/119918-super-tak-50mm-1-4-versus-leica-summilux-50mm.html. It includes shots from Pentax and Leica. In some shots I like the Leica better, in others the Takumar, and in some I can't tell that different lenses are involved.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

franco, i thought your favorite 50 was the septon? do yiu really see no difference between the tak and the zeiss planar?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If been reading and sometimes posting on this great forum. It inspired me to use MF lenses on my 5D MkII for filming and I haven't regretted it for a second.

I recently sold my complete Zebra collection and switched to Contax.

The Zebra's have a character of their own. Some are razor sharp, some are softer, contrast isn't very high usually but the colors are great and they flare beautifully. The mechanics are, well 50-60 years old.

The Contaxes also have a great character, differnt of course. All are sharp, contrast and color is just great. Mechanically they are unbelievable. The image, color- and contrastwise, is practically the same throughout the range. They hardly flare at all.

Which are "better" ?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

an article on..best 'autofocus' lenses, also touching history of manual focus lenses: http://www.luminous-landscape.com/columns/sm-02-05-02.shtml

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

on ebay i saw a super-takumar 1.4/50...
it costs 125€+ship... for my Planar T* 1.4/50 aej I have paid the same price...
1/25th the price?? there is something that goes wrong on ebay... Laughing Laughing Laughing