Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tak 50's stiff ring ending
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Tak 50's stiff ring ending Reply with quote

Howdy,
I recently got myself a S-M-C Tak 50. The problem is aperture ring that is really stiff between 1.4 and 2.0. The ring works fine in range 2.0-16 though.

Is this issue common? Really don't feel like disassembling the lens in order to lubricate/check.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried un and re-mounting it just a tiny bit? Kind of like giving it a wiggle to make sure its on the body right. I sort of have that w/ my Nikkor-H 50 and wiggling it into the perfect spot helps.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Tak 50's stiff ring ending Reply with quote

y wrote:
Howdy,
I recently got myself a S-M-C Tak 50. The problem is aperture ring that is really stiff between 1.4 and 2.0. The ring works fine in range 2.0-16 though.

Is this issue common? Really don't feel like disassembling the lens in order to lubricate/check.

Thanks.

not a common issue ,Tak s famous for their Mechanics as well as Optics Wink

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Tak 50's stiff ring ending Reply with quote

y wrote:
Howdy,

Thanks.

Probably dirt between aperture ring and lens body -- need to disassemble to clean. This lens is easy to work on -- check google for plenty of illustrated instructions.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not own this lens (mine is the Super Takumar), but this could be a common issue, only for the SMC Takumar 50mm 1.4 V2 as Kajiwara describes here:
http://kajiwara.weebly.com/takumar-5014-v2-76.html

It is in written in French. Google translation can help. Read the last sentence of his ‘Bilan’

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, real easy to work on, I received a 50/1.4 from over seas that was "near mint" but the aperture mechanism was not working when I received it, took me all of 10 minutes to find a bent arm in the lens body, fix it and put it back together, good as new, but then I did relube 3 or 4 Tak's before this.
A quick walk through(from memory), unscrew the name ring, behind it are two sets of screws, first set holds in the optical block(and also doubles as aperture size adjustment), you can check to see if the tightness is still in the aperture ring, or in the aperture by moving the leaver on the optical block, the second set of screws are deeper in the body, they attach the focus ring to the helicoid(and doubles as infinity adjustment), best to make marks to line up during reassembly(there are often marks from the screws that help line things up, but don't count on them), there are 3 screws holding a ring in front of the aperture ring, under the aperture ring is a spring and a very small ball for the click stops.
I hope I didn't mess up, even if I did, its easy to fix.