Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tair 3a manual stop down ring
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:03 am    Post subject: Tair 3a manual stop down ring Reply with quote

Recently acquired a Tair 3a in its case in pretty good condition for $10 Cdn.

When in use, the ring to manually control the aperture works well however when the lens is left for a week or so, the ring is very tough to turn.

I've looked around the internet to see how to access the aperture blades to see if the issue is simply related to gummed lubricants, however have not been able to find anything.

Any help would be appreciated

Martin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a pretty detailed teardown guide - http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic,p,1018615.html

Looks a bit intimidating to me Smile You could try working the aperture a bit every day for a week or two and see if you could free up those old lubricants.

EDIT - where are you in NB? There's a couple of us here in the Moncton area.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks fuzzywuzzy for the link.

I have the Tair 3a which is a little different than the sniper version (how different mechanically not sure). I'll take a closer look though.

Working the ring always works, just that I'm concerned that one day it wont wok free and just simply jam. If the teardown is too complicated, i'll just put the Tair 3a on my weekly workout schedule. (at least someones working out).

Funny you should ask about location as I'm also just outside of Moncton. I was searching last week to see if there were any camera clubs/interest groups that "focused" on older non digital cameras (no luck)...any knowledge in this area