Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Swabian-Alemannic carnival 2010 [AF]
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:09 pm    Post subject: Swabian-Alemannic carnival 2010 [AF] Reply with quote

Hi,

the Swabian-Alemannic carnival, known as Fasnacht, Fastnacht or Fasnet, is a custom in southwest Germany with a long tradition. Every year, the fools take over the government of their towns and villages between Fat Thursday and Ash Wednesday. A large number of processions with all kinds of characters make their way through the streets during this time.

These pics were shot at Freudenstadt/Black Forrest

More pictures of this event at my web-site
http://www.foto-bochum.net/Events/Swabian-Alemannic-carnival/11172377_55kBS#783174407_52yaA

Here few samples

Thanks for viewing and comments

Wink

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rolf for sharing something I have never heard of or seen before...amazing costumes...Can I ask did the Fools do a better job in government? Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great saturation; what equipment did you use?

re fools taking over the government, we do that every 4 years in the u.s. Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
great saturation; what equipment did you use?

re fools taking over the government, we do that every 4 years in the u.s. Laughing

Hi,

thanks for your comments.

Equipment was Canon 1DsMKIII and 4/24-105L

Wink

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great series. I like the isolation from the background, the saturation of the colours and the bokeh too.

Thomas

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Thomas.

Was totally unfamiliar to shot with an AF lens. Laughing Laughing
Within the last months I always used MF lenses. Really new feeling.

Wink