Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sun 20-40:3.5 multicoated for Nikon AI
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:12 pm    Post subject: Sun 20-40:3.5 multicoated for Nikon AI Reply with quote

Currently on Ebay a Sun 20-40:3.5-lens for Nikon AI. Can't seem to find anything on the net about this brand/type.
Anyone here?
Link to the item: http://cgi.ebay.nl/Nikon-AI-Fit-Sun-Multi-coated-20-40mm-F3-5-macro_W0QQitemZ160381903263QQcmdZViewItemQQptZDE_Elektronik_Computer_Foto_Camcorder_Objektive_PM?hash=item255781a19f#ht_1116wt_730

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bit later: zoomed in on the picture and noticed that it was a 24-40:3.5. Then Google finds more. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had one of these a few years ago, before the digital era really got going. It's quite large and heavy and has a nice feel to it. At least mine did. Only ever shot one roll of film which seemed quite good allowing for it being quite an old w/a zoom design. If the price stays down it would certainly be a worthwhile thing to experiment with.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DikkieDick wrote:
Bit later: zoomed in on the picture and noticed that it was a 24-40:3.5. Then Google finds more. Wink

Did you contact the seller to let him know he made a mistake in his listing?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
DikkieDick wrote:

Did you contact the seller to let him know he made a mistake in his listing?

Michael, not yet. Will do so. It's a Dutch.
Bit later: done.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Notified seller, didn't get a response. Lens was sold for €20,50. Didn't place a bid though.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I placed 20€ but was overbid the last second Crying or Very sad oh well Wink

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have unkind memories of that lens - mine was quite the king of pincushion and barely better than these fish-eye accessory lenses to screw into the filter mount. YMMV, though, it may have been worse than average - these cheap zooms often had build issues, the labour cost for collimating each assembly step is what made the brand name lenses more expensive.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is the same one as the Hoya 25-42mm F3.5 which i owned before. The same design, same filter size, even the same button on the lens body.