Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Stuck self timer on Oly OM-1 - help needed!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:07 am    Post subject: Stuck self timer on Oly OM-1 - help needed! Reply with quote

Hi,

Bought an Olympus OM-1 today. Without a doubt the nicest SLR I've used so far. I've heard it's not totally bombproof (and I agree to an extent), but it's still pretty burly! I love the camera. It's beautiful and the timer on the front is just AWESOME. Will probably be picking up an OM-2/3/4 soon Wink

Anyway, I tried testing all the features and after using the self-timer two/three times, it got stuck. That means: the lever in the front moves freely and when I 'start' the self-timer with the little lever, nothing happens. Kind of annoying, because the rest of it is PERFECT, so that little thing that's not working perfectly is a thorn in my eye.

Any help is appreciated!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

to activate the timer move the large lever on the front to the down position. Then move the small lever underneath the big lever, that is pointing up, towards the lens - this sets off the timer. It shoots - rewind.

If you set the timer, big lever down, then press the shutter the shutter will work as normal but the timer does not activate - the lever moves freely as you describe. Make sure the camera is cocked by winding the film on ( even with no film in the camera ) then move the small lever towards the lens and the timer will start. Wind the film on and everything is reset to normal.

I'm trying it on mine now, and sometimes when I set the timer, then press the shutter button on the top, wind on, then release the timer correctly with the small lever - the timer runs out of steam before it triggers the shutter. Just wind on and it resets.

I don't think it's broken. Great camera as well, I love mine.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Lloyd! But that's exactly what I've been doing/trying. It just doesn't work. The level is all wound up to the end and the small start/stop lever doesn't have any effect on whether it activates the self-timer or not...