Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Street Photography: Downtown Cebu City, Philippines
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:25 am    Post subject: Street Photography: Downtown Cebu City, Philippines Reply with quote

Street Photography: Downtown Cebu City, Philippines (SuperTak 135 f/3.5)

All @f/3.5 (some misfocuses) | Some photos underwent noise reduction | All were sharpened using High Pass 0.9 Overlay method

1 A narrow street at Carbon wet market

2 Traysikad* Service

* Tray = tricycle; Sikad = means pedal (verb)

3 A boy playing a variant of "Tumbang Preso"*

* http://en.wikipilipinas.org/index.php?title=Tumbang_preso

135mm is too long to capture the playing field; maybe it isn't a good idea to use for street photography next time?

4 This kid kept asking me to take his/her? photo

I didn't at first. I wanted to shoot the truck's loader but this kid got in the way so I just took
his/her photo. The loader wasn't in the pose I want anymore so I left.

5 Reminiscing

Well, I really don't know if he is but I didn't ask

6 Manong* eating a bulinao*

* Manong = more or less what we call men we don't know that we think are older than the caller
* Bulinao = salty fish viand usually dipped in vinegar

7 Here catch

8 I'm catching, I'm catching

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent work! The shots look really great - nice and sharp and there's some real expressions in there, fantastic!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots....I had friends I worked with come from Cebu...a long time ago.I would like to see more of this city.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ManualFocus-G (formerly known as Shrek, he he): Thank you. I can imagine the SuperTak at 5.6. I mean, these were all at just 3.5 and they're already good.

@Mo-Fo: Thank you too. Let me know when you're coming. I can arrange a photowalk with some of my friends not just in downtown but in nearby provincial towns.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, very good work indeed.

If you bring a 135mm, don't forget to bring a 35mm as well - that's a great set.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey man, good to see you here carlo, excellent shots!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@LucisPictor: Thank you. I don't have a 35mm yet (still undecided whether I want a MF one or an AF one). Even if I had, I wouldn't want to change lenses outdoors Smile

@darosk: Ha ha. I've been here for quite some time now (majority of my shares are toy photos). Thanks.

--- some non-portraits from today's photowalk ---

Click to see large version

1 Cross

2 Verticals

3 Old but good wood

4 A Datu and His Bokeh

5 A belltower

6 My bodyguard