Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Strange lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: Strange lens Reply with quote

Hello ,
have you ever seen something like that ?
http://cgi.ebay.com/894-BEROLINA-35-3-5-TYPE-N-PRESET-10-BLADES-EXAKTA_W0QQitemZ380169300742QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCamera_Lenses?hash=item5883db2b06 ?

Panos .

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No idea.

Next time please use short form to link from Ebay.

[ebay]380169300742[/ebay]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Berolina was a trademark used for Isco lenses.

So this is most likely an Isco.

Well, I will modify my statement - the style looks more like an Enna than an Isco. Berolina was a merchants brand and either maker could have sold stuff under the Berolina name.

So, Isco or Enna, probably mid-1960's

The other option is Schacht, but it doesn't look like that.

What the details most resemble (different focusing mount) is a little lens I have called a Telisar, probably an importers brand in the US. I think this could be Isco or Enna also.

The focusing mount seems much like the Novoflex Noflexar 3.5/35 macro lens.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attilla, thanks for that explanation for using the EBAY shortcut. For whatever reason, I couldn't figure that out. Embarassed

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBokeh wrote:
Attilla, thanks for that explanation for using the EBAY shortcut. For whatever reason, I couldn't figure that out. Embarassed

Quiet common at beginning, never mind.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
No idea.

Next time please use short form to link from Ebay.

Click here to see on Ebay

Sorry for that i ll try my best to use the shortcut next time Very Happy
Realy strange lense thow Razz

Panos .

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isco means quality made German lens and pretty rare , thanks for Luis, now we know who made it, take lens if you need.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is weird! I have a hard time believing that whole "seeing the helicoid is normal" thing. It just seems like a terrible idea. You can see the grease, which means with any use, even in the best of conditions, that thing is going to get disgusting and eventually disfunctional. But then again, my experience with lenses is limited to more common SLR lenses relative to nikon and more mainstream brands. Older lenses from the early days of photography had all kinds of methods of operationg and mechanisms based on that current days manufacturing/designing abilities, so perhaps this is simply a style design I have never encountered!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record: ISCO is, in a sense, Schneider's "second label" for some lenses, after all ISCO stands for Jos. Schneider Co.

However, ISCO is more involved in projection lenses and had won several Oscars for technical achievements.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I confirm Isco : Isco Westron 3,5/35mm . I have a couple of isco's (this one too , "modern" version) , and I can say my best Isco is the 3,5/135mm Tele-Westanar . Brands "Iscotar" (50mm, 135mm) are of more simple optical formulas relevant. So , even under "Berolina" brand, it is a keeper. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seele wrote:
For the record: ISCO is, in a sense, Schneider's "second label" for some lenses, after all ISCO stands for Jos. Schneider Co.

However, ISCO is more involved in projection lenses and had won several Oscars for technical achievements.

ISCO was founded as a legally independent second label for Schneider aerial lenses before WWII (probably a compromise with Zeiss to get access to coating patents). From the end of the war until last year it was a wholly independent company - Schneider only recently re-purchased ISCO.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pity I suffer severe old fartz disease or I'd post some samples from my Isco Gottingen Westenar Berolina 135mm f3.5. I might have posted some sample pics here. I suspect the Berolina is a camera manufacturer that Isco Gottingen supplied with lenses and hence the Berolina as part of the name.