Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Stiff zoom ring on Tamron SP 28-80
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:13 pm    Post subject: Stiff zoom ring on Tamron SP 28-80 Reply with quote

Anyone know what to do to fix an very stiff zoom ring on a Tamron SP 28-80 F3.5-4.2 ? Everything else works as it should except for the zoom.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: Stiff zoom ring on Tamron SP 28-80 Reply with quote

Hello Scott,
I have had one of these apart - it arrived with a very 'clunky' zoom mechanism and no close-focus range. It turned out to be the little plastic bearings on the 'spider arms' which run in the cam grooves to produce the correct relative motion.

From memory, I think there are 3 nested sleeves which all move relative to one another to provide the zoom action. Your problem could be in the bearings, or a piece of grit or similar in between any of the sleeves, or just thickened lubricant. Hard to know without taking it apart.

Sorry I can't be more specific.

Regards

Angus