Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Stiff focus on my Minolta MD 24mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Stiff focus on my Minolta MD 24mm Reply with quote

Ive picked up a lovely Minolta MD 24mm 2.8 (later version with the 49mm thread). Its in as new condition physically, but is let down by a rather stiff focusing ring. Ive removed the front filter mount and can see the helicoil but I cant figure out how to get to it to clean and re-grease. Im guessing that I need to remove the front element but cant see how, Does anyone have experience with stripping this lens down?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any suggestions?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no experience of that lens, but I have taken other lenses apart to re lube them and I'm finding that there isn't a huge difference in design between them - but my experience is a bit limited.
By being methodical, slow, and making notes/ taking pictures, and laying the components out in order and the right way up ( at least keep them all the same way up ) I have got most of my lenses back together.

There's a few Minolta guys here, I expect one will be along before long. Wink