Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Steinheil München Culminar 2.8/85mm VL & Bokeh
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:11 am    Post subject: Steinheil München Culminar 2.8/85mm VL & Bokeh Reply with quote

Some of my older photos collected here since from the same lens. Pentax K10D, lens probably wide-open, all edited as required.

Steinheil_White_Rose

Coffeeshop

The_Lathe_of_Heaven

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lovely OOF area

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice use of light in #3.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unusual look and feel but impressive none the less, much more preferable to the usual sample pictures. Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you guys!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

O this is nice. Very " feel good" if you know what i mean.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUMP:

So I got one of these in an odd lot of cameras "as-is". A Miranda Sensorex with the 50mm 1.8, an Exacta Twin TL with Exaktar 55mm 1.4, and a Tower 37A with the Steinheil. All of the cameras worked except the Twin. The mirror had become unglued. Glued it back and it works. The Exactar for that (Cosina I think) is crystal clear but focus is frozen. The Miranda has a nasty dent in one top corner but works fine as does the lens. The tower is unblemished and works fine. The Steinheil lens which was my desired treasure in the lot is one of the best examples of Steinheil gear I have had the pleasure to work with. Crystal clear glass. Smooth focus and aperture. Tiny corrosion marks to the matte chromed brass in a few unobtrusive places are the only flaws that preclude a mint designation.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For sure an interesting lens! And quite variable in character, I'd say looking at difference between the very first and the last (for the moment) shots in this thread.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will try to post some more shots later. Now that I found a workaround for the size issue.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a shot of the lens with 2 stage adapter on Sony A7RIV. Exakta to EF then EF to NEX helicoid.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Front of lens

Side view:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bokeh

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamaeolus wrote:

I like this! Like 1 small

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! Kiko is a covid lock down rescue kitten. He is my (reluctant) portrait model. He will almost never look at the camera, though when talking to him he looks at me frequently. Pick up the camera and ...nope, not happening.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats that's a wonderful lens and some really nice shots!

I also got a Culminar 85 mm f/2.8 recently and so far I really like it.

Cover a lot of ground by simple.joy, on Flickr

Creativity can start in dark places... by simple.joy, on Flickr

Down-to-earth by simple.joy, on Flickr

I particularly like its rendering (and smoothness because of the relatively low contrast) up close, but also tried it a little bit at distance. It certainly isn't a landscape lens, but it does okay...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1